Beep! Beep!

'Scuze me, guru. Comin' thru. :p {friendly wave}

On my way to see Mr. Dyyryath...

bwkaz
10-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Well congratulations!

Paratima
10-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Hee, hee. I'm enjoying it while I can. Don't tell guru or Dyy, but I've got to ship a couple of my precious boxen out to actual paying customer$. So this is likely to be short-lived. ;)

TheOtherZaphod
10-31-2002, 04:42 PM
You know this could go either way, but I saw this thread and it occurs to me that since we are headed in the same direction, perhaps a little race is in order.

I'd like to suggest a three way contest between you (Paratima), Dyyryath, and me. Since we would nee some sort of a static finish line, I would propase that the race be to pass my favorite flatliner...Data :D .

At the moment it looks like Dyy will beat us both by a few days, but I am willing to try bumping my production a little to see if I can beat him there. Are you game?

Dyyryath
10-31-2002, 07:56 PM
OK...sounds like fun, catch me if you can! :moon: :D

Let's see if I can do something cool here and give us a 'scoreboard' of sorts:

http://stats.zerothelement.com:10000/cgi-bin/arachnid/distributed-folding/render-race-1.pl

This is a special post that is updated everytime you view it. It will always have the most recent information in it. :thumbs:

Paratima
10-31-2002, 08:00 PM
Hmmmm. Your production is slightly better than mine, but you're a couple of mil' back.

Hmmmm. /takes off shoes so can count better/ :rolleyes:

I may have to call in some favors and maybe even do a little extra borging. :eek:

Um. OK, I'm in, ZaphodB. Ahh, I see that his Dyyryathness has chimed in also.

Good deal! 1, 2, 3, GO! :p

Paratima
10-31-2002, 08:17 PM
Hey, ZaphodB...

I just now see that I remembered correctly that you're on the OCN team. Why not see if you can get your teammate, FBK, the former FlyByKnight, to join our little party. He's been my nemesis for some time now. ( And he JUST, like yesterday, passed me up!)

Heh, come to think of it, he's in it, whether he wants to or not. :p

Cool scoreboard, Dyy!

IronBits
10-31-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
This is a special post that is updated everytime you view it. It will always have the most recent information in it. :thumbs:
Hey wait one cotton pickin minute here...
Who's bandwidth are we supposed to be testing again? :cry: :rolleyes: :p :D j/k
I think you are having entirely too much fun with your new stats engines :D :smoking: :thumbs:
:notworthy
I'm game, I'll throw down with ya'll :moon: :D
Try to do the 'offset' stats, where you take totals now, and at the end of the gauntlet, we see who put out the most in the alloted time, kinda stats ;) :jester:
Oh, and the loser has to wear PINK for a week :scared: for incentive of course ;) <LOL>

Paratima
10-31-2002, 08:55 PM
Well, Mr. Smarty IronBits, since (a) we're racing up to the prostrate form of DATA and (b) you're already past him, then (c) you'll just have to race until one of us crosses the line.

Winner to be determined by the usual method. :p You'll claim you won 'cause you're the farthest ahead. I'll claim I won 'cause I made the biggest improvement in production. ZaphodB will claim it on account he had the farthest to go. Dyy will claim he was first across the line. (maybe :cool: ) Etc., etc.

Anyhow, I think we already blew out something on the scoreboard. It seems to have gone the way of all good things...

Dyyryath
10-31-2002, 09:11 PM
Nah, the scoreboard's fine. It was just a short network interruption on my end. My provider is working on one of their routers.

I'm going out for a bit, but later tonight I'll add IronBits in there. :)

TheOtherZaphod
10-31-2002, 09:13 PM
Frankly that is Ok with me; I am kind of looking at this as a win-win-win(-win-win) situation.

I'll certainly try to track FBK down, but he tends to be somewhere between a lurker, and a recluse. I just need a little something to help pass the time.

It sure takes a lot longer to pass people up here than it did further down the hill..

I remember telling Dyyryath just a few months ago that I didn't expect to be in his rear-view for a long time.;)

IronBits
10-31-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
I'm going out for a bit, but later tonight I'll add IronBits in there. :)
Don't forget DATA so I can watch you guys pounce :D
Paratima ... You are too smart for me, no pulling the wool over your eyes :bang: :jester:

Paratima
11-01-2002, 09:10 PM
No, IB, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight or my razor-sharp ...um, uh, whatchacallit, MIND!

The older I get, the better I wuz. :D

Well, end of Day 1 and everybody's numbers are up just a bit. I normally don't visit my borged boxen on the weekend, but I may make an exception this time. Maybe call out the reserves, as well...

Pink, huh?

Alpha_7
11-02-2002, 04:11 AM
GL All, looks like a great little race :D

pointwood
11-04-2002, 03:25 AM
I'll have to warn you guys - IronBits is obsessed with pink :scared: :p :D

Paratima
11-04-2002, 07:41 AM
We saw the photo. GACK! :scared:

TheOtherZaphod
11-04-2002, 09:20 AM
From my literal-minded point of view, the only IB can come up a winner in this race is if he turns around and comes back. :jester:

At the moment it doesn't so much look like I am going to lose, as that I am going to run out of time :( . I'll have to see if I can scrape up a few Mhz somewhere, but at the moment I am running really close to dead-out.

Dyyryath
11-04-2002, 09:47 AM
Hmmm...I may squeek by with what I've got now...we'll just have to wait and see. :confused: :thumbs:

Paratima
11-04-2002, 12:30 PM
Aw jeez, sorry to hear you guys are tapped out. :D :jester: :p

Hey, Dyy, all this math is giving me a head-hurt.

Can you give us a column of when each will cross the DATA-line at current daily rate?

Dyyryath
11-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Tapped out? Who said anything about tapped out?!

As a matter of fact, since I've done as you asked, and added a time component to the chart, I see that I need to add a little more to the fight. Guess I'll go ahead and get right on that now. ;) :D

TheOtherZaphod
11-04-2002, 01:34 PM
I guess this is where I am supposed to whine about being an independant hobbiest/farmer, but I just don't have the heart for it (where is the little violin smilie when you need it?). I'll just have to keep doing the best I can with what I've got.

Paratima
11-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Dyyryath: You may have done as you say, but I can't see it. Your network is holding onto that info and won't let it go! (I.E., I'm not getting the scoreboard.)

ZaphodB: Whaddaya want already, flowers? :p

Dyyryath
11-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Not seeing it, eh? What browser/OS are you using?

Paratima
11-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Cancel request. Got it OK now, from home.

I suspect the office s.....l.....o.....w net connection. :(

But now, Ahah! I am seeing clearly. In fact, I am seeing clearly that it is a pretty close thing!

I will now be getting back to my borging. :p ZaphodB, let's go! He's there for the plucking!

Paratima
11-04-2002, 08:06 PM
HEY! Check it out with Statsman!

Our target's MOVING!! :eek:

TheOtherZaphod
11-04-2002, 09:57 PM
LOL, now I just love that! His fat ass has been sitting in one place for almost six months, and I finally got it moving!