PDA

View Full Version : Can't "Q"uit on Linux Boxes

PinHead
10-20-2002, 12:51 PM
Pressing q to quit on Linux Mandrake does not seem to work after the client has been running for 24+ hours in quiet mode.

When the q is pressed, it is actually displayed on screen and the client keeps running (multiple boxes do this). This is with the patch.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

bwkaz
10-20-2002, 03:54 PM
If you're starting the client in quiet mode, then does the q keypress normally (i.e. before the 24 hour period has passed) cause it to quit?

Maybe I'm not correct in thinking this way, but I think of the -qt switch in Linux/Solaris/whatever else as roughly equivalent to the service install in other OSes. If this is in fact a valid line of thinking, then wouldn't you have to stop it by something like killall -TERM foldtrajlite (sending it a SIGTERM)? Of course, this only works if SIGTERM doesn't make it die without uploading, so you'll have to make sure that's the case first. But I'm almost positive that I remember someone saying that that was the case (SIGTERM makes it upload and then exit).

alpha
10-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Yeah, IIRC with -qt you cant quit with 'q'. To correctly terminate the client ('q' equivalent) just rm foldtrajlite.lock

PinHead
10-20-2002, 06:13 PM
I used to do it with a "q" .

I will try the other suggestions later on tonight and let you know the results.

PinHead
10-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by alpha
Yeah, IIRC with -qt you cant quit with 'q'. To correctly terminate the client ('q' equivalent) just rm foldtrajlite.lock

That did the trick!!

Pressing "q" to quit does not work at all anymore! I guess I forgot to test it after the patch. The 24hr was a mistake on my part.

Deleting the foldtrajlite.lock file terminates and saves the work!

bwkaz
10-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Cool. :thumbs:

Brian the Fist
10-22-2002, 09:55 AM
You could never use 'q' to quit in quiet mode, so if you think it ever worked, it didnt.