PDA

View Full Version : Full Release Client available

Angus
11-01-2002, 02:23 PM
The expected Nov 1 release date has been met. The newest version is 1.0.406 (http://www.theneoproject.com/neo.zip) (don't use the .405 version if you downloaded it this morning!! It will only send one WU result from the offline.dat file and then delete it :( ).

It seems to be solid and happily uploaded my offline.dat file here at work, one WU at a time, and somewhat slowly, with the stats updating correctly. I'm now in the top 75!

Now I have two machines happily crunching along, using the optimized client. (http://www.theneoproject.com/neo_optd.zip) To use the optimized client, unzip the file neo_opt.exe into your Neo folder, delete the old neo.exe, and rename neo_opt.exe to neo.exe.

I can't tell if the optimzed client is significantly faster, since the client only measures 'current packet time' in days, hours and whole minutes. If anyone has a packet that is taking THAT long, the PC should be in a museum!

Any ideas on a benchmark methodology? This 2Ghz P4 seems to do about 900 WU a day.

magnav0x
11-01-2002, 02:56 PM
Great! I'm glad Mike was able to keep to his date for the final release. I was beginning to get realy worryed about it with all the flush and stats problems everyone was happening. This is my first awareness of the new client...was out partying haaard last night. I have 1100 wu I need to upload. I lost my 600 wu que file, forgot to back it up :(

Angus
11-01-2002, 03:15 PM
There's some warnings from Mike on the Neo forum about deleting the offline.dat files - as in don't ! - and instructions to append your saved files to the existing offline.dat (if I read it right).

I know some people like working with the offline.dat file, so I would like to warn everyone...

DO NOT DELETE THE OFFLINE.DAT FILE AS OF 1.0.406

Instead, append the offline.dat file. It now uses file pointers and if the file pointer does not match the last read packet, bye bye packet!

I suggest that you MERGE the file. It will delete when all of the packets are flushed.

If you use a computer offline, and it is never to connect, I suggest that you clikc off the option to never connect.

Thanks
Mike

He evidently is processing the file differently to ensure that all the WU results get sent.