PDA

View Full Version : Free-DC Gaming?

Dyyryath
11-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Back in the spring, we used to get together for a little Quake 3 action every now and then. IronBits has asked me repeatedly about our possibly doing this again, so I'm just taking a quick poll to see what games might be popular if I were to setup a game server for us to play on.

Right now, my buddies and I are playing a great deal of Battlefield 1942 (http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/battlefield1942/home.jsp) and Unreal Tournament 2003 (http://www.unrealtournament2003.com/). We still play Quake 3 every now and again, as well as a handful of other games. Right now, though, BF1942 and UT2k3 are our top two by far.

If you guys haven't tried Battlefield 1942, I seriously suggest you give it a try. I'm usually a pure deathmatch, one man army kind of player, but I've really been enjoying the team aspects of this game. It has it's flaws, but on the whole (if you have a fast system), it's a great time.

Having said all of that, if anyone here is interested in a little Free-DC family fighting ;), vote and let me know what you might be interested in. You can select more than one option. If you want something that's not listed, post and let me know!

If it looks like we've got enough people to make it interesting, I can always setup a password protected server on a T1 for us to play on...

Darkness Productions
11-02-2002, 02:50 PM
I voted, but no matter what game you decide on (other than CounterStrike), I'll have to purchase a copy of the games.

PY 222
11-09-2002, 06:06 AM
I was wondering if you all play CounterStrike as I play online quite often. But Quake 3 will be fine with me too.

So are you all going to host a public server or just some in-house entertainment server? :jester:

IronBits
11-09-2002, 09:18 AM
Let the games begin! :D

magnav0x
11-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Counter-strike and Quake3 are my fav :cheers:

Unreal Tournament 2003 in my opinion is one of the worst games to hit the market lately (that was suppose to be a big hit).

PY 222
11-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Why do you say that? The graphics are SOOOOO beautiful, if you have a powerful graphics card to take advantage of it.

I personally prefer some team interaction unlike UT2003. So CS is still my favourite...

Fire in the hole.....:|party|: