PDA

View Full Version : Couple of (possible) quirks in v0.9.8

alpha
11-04-2002, 02:50 AM
I can't remember where I saw it, but shortly after firing it up and entering details I remember seeing a typo, 'Canel' instead of 'Cancel' IIRC. Sorry I can't be more specific :)

Another thing, if you start working on a block with 'Transmit intermediate blocks' turned on, then during the processing of that block, turn it off, the popup from the systray icon displays the same percentage all the time (I think?). Therefore the systray icon stops 'filling up'. Perhaps I just wasn't patient enough for it to change, but I seem to remember it being stuck on 16.5% yesterday for a while.

Also, a feature request, how about being able to manually communicate your status to the server, instead of having to wait for the current block to finish?

Anyway, keep up the good work, the client is awesome :D (will the FreeBSD version be updated soon? ;))

smh
11-04-2002, 04:57 AM
Another little cosmetic thingy:

When you create a new user it's not possible to jump fields with the TAB key. No big deal of course, but it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

alpha
11-04-2002, 07:53 AM
And another:

I turned off 'transmit intermediate blocks' halfway through a block (without restarting). When I came back several hours later just now, many blocks had been completed but the 'time left' field was showing a crazy time which didnt even fit: '93042:48:'. And the systray popup was showing an irrelevant percentage like I described in my last post.

smh: Indeed. I forgot to mention that one ;)

jjjjL
11-04-2002, 09:08 AM
i should seriously put my TODO list online to save you guys time ;)

these would happen to be lines 1-5:

- make tabstops work
-should detect a block has no pending data (expired) and get new one on intermediate block returns
-should not start processing a block as anonymous when Existing user is clicked.
-progress icon sometimes goes to overall progress even in block mode
-time to complete wrong for full test when turn off intermediate blocks

great minds think alike :)

-L

Mr_Peabody
11-04-2002, 11:27 PM
I tried entering a "Team Name" in the config screen only to get a error message telling me that my "Username" needed to be alphanumeric after I tried saving.

jjjjL
11-05-2002, 01:14 AM
Mr_Peabody,

i cannot reproduce this error. "Team Name" is not alpha numeric (because of the space) but if you put that as your team it should say your team was not alpha numeric. of course, if your username also had a space, it would warn you first about that if both were non-alphanumeric. was this the case?

-L

alpha
11-05-2002, 02:44 AM
The way I read Mr_Peabody's post, it appeared he was having trouble with his username. I'm guessing the underscore in Mr_Peabody caused this, no?

Mr_Peabody
11-05-2002, 03:20 AM
Wow quick reply. Sorry, let me try to be a little more specific.

I upgraded the client to the new verision and went to the config window. My username was already there so I didn't bother re-entering that information. I typed a team name without any spaces and such and tried saving. Thats when the error message came up.

I figured it was the underscore thats causing the error message. It just seemed odd.

btw I like the new client and a to-do-list is a cool idea

jjjjL
11-05-2002, 03:39 AM
ah, yes. i didn't think about that. apparently the last version of the windows client (and the signup script) wasn't actually checking for alphanumeric usernames. i'll transfer your work to an new username you make. sorry about that.

-L

alpha
11-05-2002, 11:52 AM
The 'transmit intermediate blocks' option status isn't saved on client restart. A number of times I have turned it off, clicked save, let the client resume, restarted the client and seen the box magically ticked again.

alpha
11-13-2002, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by alpha
The 'transmit intermediate blocks' option status isn't saved on client restart. A number of times I have turned it off, clicked save, let the client resume, restarted the client and seen the box magically ticked again.

This is still apparent with 0.9.9, and so is the 'time left' field changing to an insanely high value after disabling reporting of intermediate blocks. Was the above post missed?

smh
11-13-2002, 05:25 AM
This is still apparent with 0.9.9, and so is the 'time left' field changing to an insanely high value after disabling reporting of intermediate blocks. Was the above post missed?

This should be the time to complete a full test

alpha
11-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by smh

This should be the time to complete a full test

Indeed it should be. But 93044:07:... seems a little far-fetched.

Tax Bracket
11-13-2002, 11:56 AM
I'm getting that same problem alpha! (v0.9.9)

smh
11-13-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by alpha

Indeed it should be. But 93044:07:... seems a little far-fetched.

Thats something i also had when the server was down. Stopping and exiting the client (no icon in the systray anymore) and restarting it manually solved the problem