PDA

View Full Version : Giving up one of my domains...

Bok
04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I just had a call from a representative of Terry Goodkind asking what it would take to let them have my houseofrahl.com (http://www.houseofrahl.com) domain :)

As Terry has a new book coming out in September and I didn't buy the domain just to sell it at a profit, I asked if I could get a signed, personalized 1st Edition :)

I guess they were relieved :)

So, I'll be giving it up. Now what to do with that vBulletin license. Any ideas :p ?

Bok

LAURENU2
04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I wonder if WorldDomination.com is taken :firedevil: ->:jester:

gopher_yarrowzoo
04-25-2009, 05:14 AM
I just had a call from a representative of Terry Goodkind asking what it would take to let them have my houseofrahl.com (http://www.houseofrahl.com) domain :)

As Terry has a new book coming out in September and I didn't buy the domain just to sell it at a profit, I asked if I could get a signed, personalized 1st Edition :)

I guess they were relieved :)

So, I'll be giving it up. Now what to do with that vBulletin license. Any ideas :p ?

Bok

Well that should prove to them that your a true fan of the series I would have thought and a signed and personalized 1st Edition would be the least they could do.

You could ask them if they need a Forum for the site as you had one there before and now the license is going spare, just a thought if it's possible to do that.

CaptainMooseInc
04-25-2009, 12:39 PM
OoOoo, a fan of Legend of the Seeker! Never read the books, but I'm liking the TV show a LOT. Confess me any day. :thumbs:

Bok
04-25-2009, 02:08 PM
While I fairly enjoy the TV series, the books are MUCH different and a hell of a lot better, I highly recommend reading them..

CaptainMooseInc
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Highly unlikely that I'll ever read a book ever again in my life. The last book I read cover to cover was The Hobbit in 8th grade. All my high school reading was done by Sparknotes. So...it's been like 10 years.

I find it impossible to read a book. Constantly having to reread pages because my mind will drift off onto thoughts that pop into my head. I'm one of those people that have to be doing a million things at once to keep my mind occupied. :o

gopher_yarrowzoo
04-29-2009, 02:52 AM
You've obviously never read a "good book" then as if you had all you'd be doing is reading the book as it would have dragged you into the virtual world it's created and having you not want to stop reading.
There are some people that just don't get books..

alpha
04-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Actually, I can sympathise with Moose. I love reading fantasy books and have literally hundreds, but I really struggle to sit down and read for any amount of time because I require complete silence in order to concentrate enough. I usually read a lot when I go on holiday, but during every day life silence is hard to come by when there is nothing better to be doing.

My girlfriend on the other hand, she can be reading her book whilst I watch a movie, or play Call of Duty, or even when I'm talking to her. When she starts reading a book it goes everywhere with her until she finishes it, because she just "has to know what happens." I wish I could be like that. :)

CaptainMooseInc
04-29-2009, 01:02 PM
My ex was the same way, alpha. I can't focus like that. She grew up in a house with no computer, very little TV time, etc. I spent almost every free hour from age 5 to 15 sitting in front of a computer. The Outsiders and The Hobbit are the only two books to every really grab and hold on to me. And with The Hobbit, I had to go back a few pages sometimes and reread stuff, just because something happened in the book that I thought there was no prior explanation for, and there really was a few pages ago...