View Full Version : Linux client v0.9.8 out

jjjjL
11-07-2002, 07:55 PM
check out homepage for download.

leave me a note here if you try it out.

-L

CrazySaint
11-08-2002, 02:47 AM
I'm currently running the new Linux client and after every 10k iterations, it outputs the following sequence:
logging into server
login successful
block report postponed

Why is postponing the block report? I wanna add my Linux work to the team stats. I also need the output to attempt some client speed comparisons.

jjjjL
11-08-2002, 02:50 AM
are you using an old cache file?

if so clear it. (rm cache z*) if not, email me your log.

-L

CrazySaint
11-08-2002, 03:00 AM
If I clear the cache won't I lose my work so far? Or am I wrong? (yes, I'm using an old cache file, I just replaced the old sb and sclient.conf files with he new ones and edited the conf file).

smh
11-08-2002, 03:21 AM
BTW, the download page still links to the 0.97 client

Firebirth
11-08-2002, 05:45 AM
Thanks, it is very neat... By the way, is there something that should be done, before you dare to call a version 1.0, or are you just doing some counting in the rationals?

And by the way, am I right that, if I just copy the sb and sclient.conf over a currently working client, then the client will run with version 0.97 until it is done with the prime (yes, I believe that all the numbers that I'm working on are primes, until proven wrong!), and then when calling for a new number, it will call with the 0.98 client?

Mevs Tarje

gbusler
11-08-2002, 07:58 AM
Just downloaded the new linux client and submitted my first intermediate block. Things look good!!

Grant

jjjjL
11-08-2002, 09:50 AM
CrazySaint - if your block is old (2 weeks) then it's likly been reassigned if you are close to finishing it, i'll let you submit it as a double check and you'll get all the stats for it.

what's the k/n?

-L

CrazySaint
11-08-2002, 01:51 PM
I'm in Windows right now, so I'm not sure what the k/n values are, but the results are only 2-3 days old and are equal to about 50% of a full test (130k iterations or so). I'll put up the k/n values next time I boot into Linux.

CrazySaint
11-09-2002, 11:36 PM
I installed the Linux .99 client over my 0.98 client, hoping that it would solve my problems with uploading blocks, but now it won't even start crunching at all. It invokes the client, gets k/n values from cache, then then spits out a segmentation fault error. The k value is 27653 and the n value is 2376537 I've currently completed 44.6% of the proth test. I put the .98 client back in so I could keep crunching. I just completed iteration # 1,060,000

Alien88
11-10-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by CrazySaint
I installed the Linux .99 client over my 0.98 client, hoping that it would solve my problems with uploading blocks, but now it won't even start crunching at all. It invokes the client, gets k/n values from cache, then then spits out a segmentation fault error. The k value is 27653 and the n value is 2376537 I've currently completed 44.6% of the proth test. I put the .98 client back in so I could keep crunching. I just completed iteration # 1,060,000

from my post on the other thread:

And.. if anyone happens to see the linux client core (0.9.8 was coring on one of my machines), can you please run:

gdb sb core
bt

and paste the output here.. thanks

-Alien88

CrazySaint
11-10-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Alien88

from my post on the other thread:

And.. if anyone happens to see the linux client core (0.9.8 was coring on one of my machines), can you please run:

gdb sb core
bt

and paste the output here.. thanks

-Alien88

Here ya go...

[wingnut@localhost wingnut]$ cd SOB
[wingnut@localhost SOB]$ gdb sb core
GNU gdb 5.2.1-2mdk (Mandrake Linux)
Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
/home/wingnut/SOB/core: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)

Alien88
11-10-2002, 03:24 AM

Here ya go...

[wingnut@localhost wingnut]$ cd SOB
[wingnut@localhost SOB]$ gdb sb core
GNU gdb 5.2.1-2mdk (Mandrake Linux)
Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
/home/wingnut/SOB/core: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)

evidently it's not dumping a core file.. im assuming you're using a bash shell, so do ulimit -c unlimited then run sb.. when it does it should make a file called core then run gdb sb core and paste the output again

CrazySaint
11-10-2002, 06:28 AM

evidently it's not dumping a core file.. im assuming you're using a bash shell, so do ulimit -c unlimited then run sb.. when it does it should make a file called core then run gdb sb core and paste the output again

Still no core file and exact same output.

Alien88
11-10-2002, 12:09 PM

Still no core file and exact same output.

Okay well that sucks.. what distro of linux is the box?

CrazySaint
11-10-2002, 04:06 PM

Okay well that sucks.. what distro of linux is the box?

Mandrake 9