PDA

View Full Version : Moogie's Husband here

Moogie
05-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi folks,

I'm posting this for Moogie. I don't know if you are aware but she's been going thru a bit of health stuff lately. Exploratory surgery about a month ago indicated some pretty bad problems. She was out recovering from that for two weeks, back to work for a week (not sure how she did that) and then had surgery on April 16th. The surgery was successful though a bit more complicated than originally thought (we had a long wait during surgery). It's been a tough 5 years for her, a really rough three months, and a very difficult recovery time after the surgery. I am amazed at how strong she is. She rarely gives in to the pain and has a positive attitude about everything.

Her spirits are up, and she has been following the doctor's orders. She was even sitting up the next morning after surgery, and walking that afternoon (slowly, but walking - she was determined).

Basically, she just wanted me to say "hey." She's still around but it's hard for her to get on the computer for any length of time yet.

If you want to shout out and give her encouragement, I'd appreciate it and I know she would to. If you want to email or PM her please do so. Until she can spend some time on the computer I'll be printing stuff out and showing it to her.

We have been blessed with having her family and amazing friends stepping in to help out.

Thanks again,
Ward

Bok
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
You almost gave me a heart attack just reading the title of the thread.

Thank goodness Laura is doing ok.

Please give her my very best wishes for a speedy recovery. We'll be here when she is ready to post.

Bok

Digital Parasite
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I started to have a heart attack too! Pfew, glad she is starting to recover now...

Please give her a big (but gentle so it doesn't hurt) hug from all her friends up here in Canada. Hopefully those smiling girls of yours will keep a smile on her face and help her recover faster.

Take it easy Moogie and good luck with the recovery!

Jeff.

Scooby Doo
05-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi Ward.

Please tell Laura my thoughts and prayers are with her :Hugger:.

Hope you and the girls are going ok?

All my best

Ian

LAURENU2
05-04-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1251&stc=1&d=1241468246
Come back SOON we Need you here this much:Hugger:

em99010pepe
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Ward,

Please tell Laura to recover quickly, we miss her.

A friend from Portugal.

Carlos Eduardo

IronBits
05-04-2009, 05:35 PM
:scared: Warren!
:catfight: You scared me! :wife:

Get well Peaches :D

Fozzie
05-05-2009, 04:34 AM
Georgia peach from Fozzie in the UK. :Hugger:

alpha
05-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Best wishes, Laura. :thumbs:

Death
05-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Wish her good health and hope for good.

LAURENU2
05-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I say we should ban Death from this thread:lmao:

ColinT
05-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Moogie, we've known each other for ten years plus and I never knew you name was Laura!

Please do one thing for me: Get well very soon.

All my best wishes,

Colin

em99010pepe
06-10-2009, 05:22 PM
So how is she?

ColinT
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Nothing since... I don't know.

gopher_yarrowzoo
06-20-2009, 06:14 AM
I do Moogie is much better now almost ready to go back to work I'll reminder her to post on here :D, this is what happens when someone forgets I'll go prod them now Mr Moogie that is not Moogie, I think she's been prodded enough.

pointwood
07-09-2009, 04:01 PM
/me hugs Moogie! </slow>

Good to hear you're doing better!

And hi all - I'm a bit of a stranger here and not really part of Free-DC (was an Ars DC'er for years), but I'm still in #distributed on irc.arstechnica.com :thumbs:

So, why am I here now after not having visited this site for "ages"? Facebook is the answer - I have no clue how, but I just got a friend suggestion on a certain Laura - quite amazing I think (if it is indeed the right Laura :D ).

Anyway, I hope you've recovered well Moogie - I miss chatting with you!

Hugs
Pointwood/jramskov