PDA

View Full Version : offline.dat file

PY 222
11-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Guys, I was wondering if I could combine several offline.dat files together and send them as one!

If this could be done, could you guys give me some pointers because I don't want to mess things up and lose all my workunits.

PS: Bye Bye Angus......:rotfl: :rotfl:

magicfan241 -ARS ATCP
11-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I would back up all of the files before you do anything I may tell you.

You should put the offline.dat file in place of an empty one (the one in the folder should be 0 bytes) and start the client.

It will show 0 units offline, but should still upload them all.

If that dosen't work, ask mike on the project's forums. He knows all!

PY 222
11-09-2002, 09:24 PM
Yes, I have been backing up my offline.dat files before sending them out. Then I will resend the file again to get those workunits that did not go through during the first flush.

I found that on the first flush, the server will usually lose around 60% - 80% of the workunits and after copying the backup offline.dat file again and re-flushing the client, I was able to get another 20% or maybe even more. The numbers are all based upon my 200 workunit flushes. It may vary according to your queue.

Now, what I would like to do is to instead of resending a few of the offline.dat file separately, I want to combine those files together into one and then send it all at once. This will reduce my time in taking care of the client.

So can it be done? :bang: