PDA

View Full Version : Beep Beep IronBits

PY 222
11-13-2002, 03:50 PM
Excuse me Sir, come thru.......

Are you still doing NEO or have you skipped town and took all your workunits underground?

:confused:

IronBits
11-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Naw, I'm taking a vacation from NEO for awhile.
Ya'll have fun now ya here? :)

magicfan241 -ARS ATCP
11-13-2002, 06:52 PM
???Vacation???

?????Vacation?????

What is this vacation?

If I leave a project for more than 30 minutes, I almost never go back. (The only exception is going back for gauntlets in the limp noodle team!)

Oh and on a completely :|ot|: note: I found a additional computer to run under my name for these three days: A P2 300 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Watch out IB, even I have a chance of passing you, if you ain't doing this anymore!

PY 222
11-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Naw, I'm taking a vacation from NEO for awhile.
Ya'll have fun now ya here? :)

Awwww shucks......! My climb to the top seems so, void of celebration.

Passing 'deadwood' does not bring me any pleasure :swear:

Why do you have to go away so soon. We were just having so much fun :cry: :cry: :cry:

But never fear, anytime you wanna come back, I shall be waiting for you :moon:

Angus
11-13-2002, 11:06 PM
HA HA

(me has some 'small' dumps stored away waiting for a client that won't sent them into the bit bucket)

PY 222
11-13-2002, 11:51 PM
Come on..... bring it on Angus.

:moon: I DARE YOU :moon:

magnav0x
11-14-2002, 12:48 AM
Looks like I have to watch our for PY as well :shocked:

PY 222
11-14-2002, 03:03 AM
I think that you will keep the No.1 position for sometime with your 12 nodes :scared:

/me runs off to find more borgs... :bang:

magnav0x
11-14-2002, 10:31 AM
Problem is, I don't think all 12 are actualy still running. I think that maybe 6 of them total are still running Neo.

PY 222
12-01-2002, 03:36 AM
Ha IB.... got you there!

2 PY 222 100,005 0.2100 2
3 IRONBITS 99,404 0.1200 3

What happenend? You lost steam right at the end? But anyway, now I will let you pass gracefully.....

:jester:

IronBits
12-01-2002, 12:41 PM
I've lost interest in this project again --
It's better, in that it's faster, but that's about it.
I'll be running something else for awhile again. :sleepy:
Ya'll keep up the good work, no matter what the project.
:thumbs:

Angus
12-01-2002, 09:00 PM
NEO seems to have gone tilt - much dis-satisfaction on their forum concerning lost WUs (again!), the nodes database has gone walk-about, slowness or inconsistency based on CPU speed, and lack of response from the leader 'Mike'.:confused:

Only humorous thing I can see over there is that the fiends over at ARS now have at least 3 teams going - Team Chicken Parm, Team Lean Cuisine, and Team Limp Chicken, and also Team Cicken Parm, although that's probably a spelling error :) Their team name police better get cracking... TCP, TLC (x2)

:spank:

PY 222
12-01-2002, 10:31 PM
You see people. Its not just me who are losing workunits. Its alot of other people...

Arggghhhh... I too am getting very dissatisfied with the Management. :swear:

rus6
12-02-2002, 06:56 AM
Browsing through the Neo forums it looks like they've been testing the new algorithm and client. Which must be good news.

I think during this process there has been trouble with the servers, it also looks like they were using the main servers for testing :eek:

I haven't really noticed that many problems but I guess I've been lucky...

There's quite a few posts from unhappy users that have lost units. I wonder if it's due to the change they made to the server so it wouldn't except work units prior to 1.515?

I think the Neo guys should try and get a % of work thing going, I presume they now how many keys they've checked and they must now how many total keys there are... I know this is planned for the new client...

I also get the impression for the forums that people don't believe that the development guys are that bothered about lost work units which if true is very worrying....

magnav0x
12-03-2002, 01:20 AM
Well honestly...I'm beginning to think Mike doesn't think about the lost WU's seriously. He's been having "selective reading disorder" since about the 3rd week of the project. He'll pretty much ignore some things....possibly things, he has no clue how to fix.

On a good note, he has released a .516 client today with MUCH better Pentium optimization. I get an extra 1 million mops out of the new client. My AMD Duron box is still crunching along at it's usualy rate. I can now UPLOAD packets! I'm not sure how stable this client is on ques yet though. He just released it about 40 mins ago. I'm gonna do a small que of about 50, upload it and see what the loss ration is. My first que of 25 lost 5....which is a very bad percentage. I'll report back on my next flush.....

magnav0x
12-03-2002, 01:31 AM
Uploaded 51...lost 10. I'd only recommend d/l this client if you are unable to connect at all with 515 (like i was from my home computers). Seems to do just fine if it uploads the WU's once they are done.

If you have ques and you want to give 516 a shot, go back to the old routine of backing up the offline.dat and try to send it a few times to get them accross.

Alos, he put in a new CPU identifier...now my clients actualy show my processor info again! :cheers: