PDA

View Full Version : ChoRenSha 68K

alpha
11-17-2002, 04:53 AM
OK, so yesterday (Saturday!) was one of those boring days where nothing was happening, so I started looking at gamehippo.com for something that looked fun. I came across ChoRenSha 68K as one of the top rated, or downloaded or something'ed games, so I figured it must be worth a try. After reading the 'review' it sounded just like the old school scrolling shooters I used to play back in the day (don't be put off by the alternating capitalisation in the title, the lameness of this is not reflected in the gameplay ;)).

Now surely most of you hardcore DC'ers don't play games because you would have to wave goodbye to your CPU cycles, but this is totally worth it. Look here. (http://gamehippo.com/search/search_title_1_7c01a159e9616b71c105e08d70359d3c.shtml)

I haven't been able to stop playing it since yesterday, so I felt I should share with others. I was thinking perhaps we could get some friendly competition going on, score-wise or something. I find the game quite challenging and would be interested to see how others get on.

Just to note I am in no way affiliated with gamehippo.com, I simply mentioned their site (and linked to it) because that is how I came across the game, so I figured they deserved some credit (and of course the author, but the page is in japanese).

Anyway, this is a long winded post, its not even 10am, and I doubt anyone will read this. Either way, have fun!

Dyyryath
11-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Well, I just wasted about 3 hours of CPU cycles on five machines playing Battlefield 1942 with some friends, so a few more wasted cycles shouldn't hurt. :D

I'll download it and play with it shortly. Thanks for the link, alpha!

alpha
11-18-2002, 03:17 AM
Ah, Battlefield 1942. That's one of my friends favourite games right now, so its usually what we play. I'm more of a UT fan, but its all good :p

Something I forgot to mention about ChoRenSha 68K is the lack of autofire. In other words, you're gonna know you've been playing after about 15 minutes :( I actually spent more time yesterday playing Raiden 2 (abandonware! (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Raiden+II)) than anything else, its a little less difficult, so you're not playing the same few levels over and over ;)