PDA

View Full Version : Linux v1 seg fault

Stricker
11-21-2002, 10:51 AM
At random times in random places my linux box has a seg fault i haven't tried to see what's causing it yet
however it is on a fresh install of the Linux v1.0.0 so it doesn't happen at any one specific time since it was running for a couple hours before it crashes

MAD-ness
11-21-2002, 02:29 PM
Other people are having similar problems, if it leaves a core dump try to post that here.

If you don't know wtf that means then don't ask me, I only have a vague idea of what it means, I am just repeating what has been said elsewhere. ;)

jjjjL
11-21-2002, 03:03 PM
yes, i believe there is still a memory bug somewhere. this is very frustrating to debug since it doesn't occur in windows despite identical memory routines :confused:

this problem doesn't seem to occur with v097. It is still up at http://www.fragafriend.net/sbust097-Linux.tar.gz try that version out until i am able to fix this.

thanks again for the report.

-Louie

jjjjL
11-21-2002, 05:51 PM
FYI everyone... i have a copy that seems to be working now w/o seg faulting. v1.0.1 for linux/beos/fbsd will most likely be online later tonight. a new windows version will not be released.

I'm sorry there have been so many issues for everyone with non-windows OSes. Thanks again for being patient and helping by sending me core files and debug dumps. It's been a real help.

BTW, the new version now has no mem wrapper and therefore will no longer give you the "dumping" message on a signal kill nor will it core on a ^C. Therefore, if you ever get a core file, post about it here.

-Louie

Halon50
11-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Just a suggestion: rather than incrementing the version for an OS-specific fix, why not add a letter instead? Something like "1.0.0a for Linux"?