PDA

View Full Version : Collatz Project is down

Bok
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Electrical failure. Being rebuilt at the moment and hopefully won't be too long...

Bok

alpha
11-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Erk, I can't get any new work and my cache is almost depleted. It seems the admin is away for another couple of days.

With Milkyway also out of action at the moment, I'm going to have an idle GPU soon. :(

Bigred
11-20-2009, 05:38 AM
Erk, I can't get any new work and my cache is almost depleted. It seems the admin is away for another couple of days.

With Milkyway also out of action at the moment, I'm going to have an idle GPU soon. :(

I'm getting some work but I've had to do manual updates to get it.:( With only 2 ATI projects around, when one goes down everybody heads to the other. If Collarz fails completely then I guess I'll have to put the Nvidia cards back on GPUgrid.:guntotin:

Bigred
11-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I think it is really broke this time.:eek: Haven't had any new work in several hours and it's not letting me report anything.:bang::bang::bang:

Bok
11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
The admin is on vacation. He said it might not stay up and running all the time while he was away

alpha
11-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I got 11 new tasks 3 minutes ago, hopefully the work will continue to flow.

Digital Parasite
11-22-2009, 03:18 PM
This can't be good. I finally attached to Collatz and set it for GPU only and no CPU but I'm getting:

"Message from server: Your computer has no ATI GPU"

I have a 4870 card with Catalyst 9.9 drivers and BOINC 6.10.17. Am I missing something?

Jeff.

Bigred
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
This can't be good. I finally attached to Collatz and set it for GPU only and no CPU but I'm getting:

"Message from server: Your computer has no ATI GPU"

I have a 4870 card with Catalyst 9.9 drivers and BOINC 6.10.17. Am I missing something?

Jeff.

Read this (http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/forum_thread.php?id=212#3812) thread. It might just help. It is supposed to download the correct app depending on which driver your using but it doesn't allways work correctly. You can also download the power app which is the same and manually install it. Just make sure you read and reread the readme file that comes with it.:guntotin:

Digital Parasite
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM
I think I found my problem. I had BOINC installed as a service so GPU access was blocked. It is now trying to request GPU work but can't connect to the server right now.

Jeff.

Digital Parasite
11-23-2009, 05:45 AM
So that was my problem, GPU tasks running nicely now.

Seems to be working very well, almost not CPU time to run the GPU task on my 4870. Right now my GPU temps are the following:

DISPIO: 67.5C
MEMIO: 73.5C
SHADERCORE: 68.5C

All look like they are in acceptable ranges?

Jeff.

alpha
11-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Yeah those temps are fine DP. My 4870 is running Collatz at the moment too and according to GPU-Z, my temps are:

DISPIO: 74 C
MEMIO: 86 C
SHADERCORE: 78 C

Quite a bit hotter than yours, but it's perfectly stable and the machine is used all day long.

Digital Parasite
11-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Quite a bit hotter than yours, but it's perfectly stable and the machine is used all day long.

Thanks. My card is a dual-fan design so seems to be cooler than other cards of the same model.

Jeff.

Shish
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I tried Milky Way on my 4850 but it was terrible and still very Alpha.Might look at Collatz but I mainly still run F@H on the gpu. No real problems with that and it's a project I think is useful. Pity GPU sharing isn't available (far as I know) as I'm looking at the new ATI cards to at least get my power consumption down a bit and "pump up the volume" :idea:' I have water to do for the whole rig but not had time or energy so still using an Akasa Vortex II which keeps the gpu below 70'ish at full hog. Dead cheap as well.
ATM, I've got a weird loss of 2 cores on my I7 which needs solving. Need to figure whether it's board. cpu or what and then get my new Win 7 disk up and running as still using (and liking mostly) Win 7 RTM release.
So now you got me diverted to look at Collatz??????:confused: I'm gonna suffer for this from 'er indoors now...again.

Bigred
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Everything seems to be back up to speed and I just read that Milkyway hopes to be back up tomorrow. If you look here (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=user&proj=col&name=1434) you'll see that I had a fairly good day yesterday at Collatz.
:guntotin:

Digital Parasite
11-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Might look at Collatz but I mainly still run F@H on the gpu. No real problems with that and it's a project I think is useful.

Collatz is very easy to set up with the latest BOINC software and recent ATI Catalyst drivers. I just installed it, GPU was detected and started using it automatically once I configured my Collatz account to send GPU and no CPU tasks, everything was good. No problems so far.

Bok
11-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Everything seems to be back up to speed and I just read that Milkyway hopes to be back up tomorrow. If you look here (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=user&proj=col&name=1434) you'll see that I had a fairly good day yesterday at Collatz.
yeah, insane production yesterday !

alpha
11-24-2009, 02:17 AM

Damn, first there's no work at all on either and now both are back almost at the same time. :)

I think I'd like to hit a million on Collatz, then I'll go over to Milkyway to do the same.

vaughan
12-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Does anyone have any news on what's happening with Collatz? It seems to be down for some time now. I have heaps of tasks to report and hope it hasn't gone like Goldbach where I lost several thousand tasks when I had to detach / re-attach.

Digital Parasite
12-06-2009, 07:49 AM
No idea what is going on, even their forums are messed up. My GPU has run dry... :hair:

Bok
12-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Slicker will be back in town later tonight I think.