PDA

View Full Version : The Site Has Been Moved

Dyyryath
11-27-2002, 04:05 AM
That's right, it's been moved from IB's servers to mine. While this probably isn't where it's going to stay forever, it is going to be here for at least a month. Eventually, it will make one last move to a co-located server on a DS3.

For now, things should be *pretty* close speed wise to what we've had up until now. The outgoing bandwidth available now is nearly identical to what we had at IB's so things shouldn't seem too different. Since the site *has* crossed the country, it might seem a little faster for east coast users and a little slower for west coast users, but it shouldn't be too noticeable.

If you guys notice things that aren't working quite right, drop me an email and let me know so I can fix them up. ;)

Tax Bracket
11-27-2002, 05:16 AM
:notworthy Dyyryath :notworthy

Excellent job !

Only thing I have noticed different is the speed. It does seem to be quite a bit slower right now...

Jetta
11-27-2002, 10:46 AM
heh, well my old bookmark didnt work! but after working my way over/around/through I made it back in! :D

Speed seems about the same from here so far. :)

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
11-27-2002, 10:50 AM
The link from the Distributed Folding website is broken. I sent Howard an email with the new URL.

Paratima
11-27-2002, 11:46 AM
The clock is off a bit. Well, a couple of bits.

PY 222
11-27-2002, 12:50 PM
Great work there Dyy.

I feel the site is a little sluggish to response. Well it could be because, I am wayyyyy over here in San Jose, CA, but its definitely not my connection. Am using the school's connection.

Dyyryath
11-27-2002, 01:03 PM
Paratima: Thanks. I've fixed the time offset.

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy: Thanks. That's because we're running the .php version of vbulletin instead of the .php3 version. Aside from this difference, I've also updated the software about 10 versions. ;)

There was also an issue with the buttons at the top of the page that has been fixed.

Keep posting any issues you notice! :thumbs:

Dyyryath
11-27-2002, 01:09 PM
PY 222: If you connect between 10 minutes and 16 minutes after the hour, you might notice a bit of sluggishness as the stats system is processing DF's 10,000 users and 600 teams.

It does this every hour and it *does* take a bit of processor power. This server is a dual CPU box, but I wrote the stats server to take advantage of that so it's going to hog quite a bit of both CPUs while it's updating. ;)

Paratima
11-27-2002, 06:29 PM
Would we be safe in the assumption that DF (or some other project) is steaming merrily along in the background? :D

Dyyryath
11-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Heh, absolutely. :D

Tax Bracket
11-28-2002, 05:02 AM
:notworthy Dyy :notworthy the site is exceptionally fast this morning.

Probably even faster than the old site! :thumbs: