Chinasaur
11-27-2002, 10:59 PM
Louie,

I get this message when I boot the client -

warning: unknown directive in config file [line 28]
warning: unknown directive in config file [line 57]
[Wed Nov 27 19:56:41 2002] client process [v0.9.2] invoked

Line 28 is the Team line
Line 57 is the Transmit 1 interim results.

Using sbp.pns at port 80 and 22..no luck.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On ctrl+c I get -

caught signal 2. dumping unfreed memory:

You are fast on the update tho :) Very cool :)

jjjjL
11-27-2002, 11:10 PM
that's not the new version. i admit i have posted it (way to go beating me to the announcement) but you somehow got the oldest version running there. i just downloaded directly from the Ann Arbor mirror and ran it and I show it as v1.0.2, not v0.9.2.

You must have expanded the new version somewhere else. The download should be named sb102-BeOS.tar.gz.

Let me know how the new version performs. I don't know that I've licked everything but I am sure it is a heck of a lot better. sorry for the bugs in the last couple clients. your reports have helped.

-Louie

PS - there is also a new FreeBSD client out too.

Chinasaur
11-28-2002, 12:58 AM
Louie,

Man...you are fast with the updates :) I just happened by and snagged it ... running it on two duals and tbird now...I'll let you know.

Thanks again for making the BeOS client...it's very cool to see a "dead" OS have a release on a very nice DC project like yours.

Chinasaur
11-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Well...with the new version...one dual stopped processing at around 58% in each instance (no error message) and the TBird locked up with a kernel panic :( . No way to get a debug message from either.

jjjjL
11-28-2002, 05:29 PM
sorry to hear that. i'll look into it next week.

thanks for the report.

-Louie