PDA

View Full Version : how long will this project take?

eatmadustch
11-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone
Does anyone know how long this project will take, more or less? I know the WU's are done on random, so theoretically it could take forever. But is there a good estimate? I heard it was something like 20 million work units until you can expect the solution!
Does anyone have any idea, or can anyone even tell me how to calculate this?

Any help appreciated!

alpha
11-29-2002, 03:39 PM
While we're not yet matching the speed of DP production as ECCp did at the end, we're gaining speed rapidly. And if we do match the production rate that ECCp achieved, the 20.5m goal will be a matter of 4 months!

Jay Berg posted the above in the official ECC2-109 forum.

rus6
11-30-2002, 02:56 AM
From the news page:

Have you noticed that we passed the 1% completed point? With an estimated 20.5 million DP values required to give us a 50/50 chance of solving the problem, we’re well past the 1% point. At this moment we have had more than 233,000 DP values submitted! And we’re currently receiving more than 23,000 DP values a day with the rate growing daily! Remember that we launched on November 7th, which means we only required 17 days to reach the 1% point! At the rate we’re growing, I fully expect us to reach 2% much faster than the first 1%.

-----

So I'm guessing at most 170 days ;)