PDA

View Full Version : team owner?

othello
12-10-2002, 02:48 AM
hi,

I just logged in with my wonderfull new password to find I'm owner of team "germanseekers".

How did this happen? I only joined this team a few days ago as the 27th member.

See thread how do I join a team? (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2078)

Just curios,
othello

jjjjL
12-10-2002, 04:07 AM
heheh.. that's kinda funny.

well you are owner of the team because by default, we are making users with the oldest blocks the owners of teams. so even though you weren't nessisarily the first person to submit for germanseekers, you did join them and all your blocks were credited to them... therefore giving you the all important "oldest block" for that team.

we had to make someone the owner and this system makes a lot of sense in most cases. if someone on germanseekers wants to own the team more than you and you don't mind, i can change that personally... it's not a big deal. i just changed the owner of TeamPrimeRib from Colin to MADness... no biggie.

also, i haven't had anyone specifically mention this but there is currently no way to create a new team at the moment. once there is a team creation page online, the owner will be the person who makes the team. since the old team model didn't work that way, we had to improvise for owners.

anyway, just email me if you want the team owners changed. in most cases, the right people are already in charge but if not i'll fix it.

also, it's been posted other places, but just to reiterate, by default you will be assigned to the team you last submitted work for. you can check on your profile to make sure it's right... i haven't had anyone report being on the wrong team and unless they did something weird like changed teams a few times or changed the team name in their client since the upgrade and expect that to work, i don't see why anything would be wrong there. so joining/changing/leaving teams is all done online now instead of though the client. the next client will have no team options just so no one is confused but for now just trust me when i say the team name in the client is no longer how you join teams. that other forum thread was right when they posted instructions before, but now joining teams is totally done though the website.

-Louie

MAD-ness
12-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks, BTW. :)

The new page is sure looking spiffy.

Who did the design, Dave?