PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: client monitoring

Cmarc
12-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Hi,
I've been running the SoB client for a little while and so far I like both the client and the site very much.
There are a couple features I'd like to see in the client and one at least should be very simple to implement.
The first addition would be some sort of status file that could be used for a third party monitoring app. I run 6 clients on different boxes on a single LAN and it would be nice to be able to the progress of all clients from a single system. If the client were to save this information to a text file I could easily write a script to do this.
The second feature would be a service install (preferably with support for multiple processor systems).
Cheers,
Marc

cjohnsto
12-21-2002, 04:06 PM
One feature I would like is to be able to pull down more than one number at a time. As a modem user that is not always on the net it would be nice to not waste time between exponents. And is it possible to extend the time out to longer than 5 days. I mean what if you don't connect to the net or go on holidays but keep it running, my personal preference would be 2 weeks. The holiday problem could be solved by having a page where you can request some more days before expiration. How about having an expiration time in the client or on the web page.

Craig.

eatmadustch
12-21-2002, 06:09 PM
I would also really like the ability to chache numbers to test ... sometimes zone alarm seems to block sob to connect to the internet and I if I'm sleeping my clock cycles get wasted then :eek: (actually they don't I have dnetc running at a lower priority, but well, I'd still rather they got used for sob ;))

what would also be nice, is if it would display the current cEM/s (or the new unit, I guess). Sometimes my client seems to just stop calculating, and I only notice that when the status bar stops and the overall cEM/s slowly drops.

and, last of all, I would appreciate an option (apart from changing your username twice) to clear the cache, after you're back from the holidays say, and you know that your block isn't valid anymore!

dfamily
12-23-2002, 05:08 PM
the ability to cache more than one number would be nice...

just had to kill 33661-1715712 after a *long* time of trying to get it to send...refused to send results, the file denied -3 error etc...hope it was becuz someone found a prime...win2k no real problems before that...