PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Join?

PY 222
12-31-2002, 03:21 PM
Alright guys, I am down for another new challenge because Neo was getting boring. So I have downloaded the client and have used my email address as the distributed.net ID.

The question is how do I login onto my User Information page at d.net and how do I change my team affiliation to Free-DC?

I have yet to get an email from d.net and am getting worried because I have been crunching for a day now. Every workunit counts :thumbs:

P/S: I am here IB... you better be careful!:rotfl: :rotfl:

wirthi
12-31-2002, 04:16 PM
You have to send in some workunits first (at least one).

After the next statsupdate you go to your personal stats, and click "please email me my passwort" (scroll down to find it).

Then go to the stats-page of Free-DC an click "I want to join this team" (you'll have to scroll again ..). You have to enter your user-ID and your password (both from the E-mail you just requested ...). Then you should be member of the team.

And don't worry, all units you crunsh while being a "teamless user" will be credited to the next team you join (hopefully free-dc)

Greets,
Wirthi

PY 222
12-31-2002, 07:18 PM
Do you know at what time do they update the stats and how long are the intervals between updates?

P/S: wirthi, thanks for the pointers! :thumbs:

PY 222
12-31-2002, 07:21 PM
Ok, stupid me. I should have read the FAQ first before asking questions. :bang:

Stats update once per day, assuming everything is healthy. The update starts at 00:00 UTC and typically takes a few hours to complete.

Thanks again!

IronBits
12-31-2002, 09:46 PM
Ya but, if you use DP's proxy, stats are updated every 5 minutes :D

PY 222
01-01-2003, 05:25 AM
Are there any advantages to using a proxy such as DP's proxy rather than to use the official RC5 servers?

I am just wondering because I am not too sure about what to use!

Also, what kind of stats are we looking at? Does DP uses some of his magical stats to get us hook to this project ;) ?

rus6
01-01-2003, 05:29 AM
Check the stats out:

http://stats.dp.cx/rc5-72/

They seem good to me...

I can't connect to the proxy server from work, so I'm stuck on the dnet servers :mad:

Welcome aboard!

wirthi
01-01-2003, 06:06 AM
If you use DP's proxy server, you fetch and flush your buffer to this proxy instead of directly using the official d.net server (you can compare it to a http-proxy). DP's proxy flushes its buffer to the official server so for the official stats it shouldn't make any difference.

The positive thing about using this proxy is that you can use its own stats that are updated every 5 min (currently), compared to the offical stats that are updated once a day.