PDA

View Full Version : Note for Dyyryath

Microbe
01-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Hey,

The stats site is fantastic, nice analysis, but there is a problem with the search function.

If I search for myself, "microbe", it takes me to rank 1356, however my actual ranking is 342

I did a search for "micr" and it shows me in the list of possible matches, but even clicking there does not take me to the correct place.

Just a "heads up".

Paratima
01-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Microbe
If I search for myself, "microbe", it takes me to rank 1356, however my actual ranking is 342 Interesting! Regardless of where you start the search, it plunks you down on the page beginning with #1356. You are in fact in 342nd place among Teamless Users and 1897th overall.

I tried this with a couple of people on teams and they are handled correctly, if going to their team was what you wanted, rather than, say, their overall placement. Interesting problem, likely having to do with your non-affiliation. :cool:

This may not be the best thread for contacting Dyyryath with this problem, but I'll cross-post it over on the Free-DC side of the house.

Microbe
01-03-2003, 08:29 PM
This may not be the best thread for contacting Dyyryath with this problem, but I'll cross-post it over on the Free-DC side of the house.

Thanks for that.

1879th? Not bad in only 3 months...and still climbing. :|party|:

Dyyryath
01-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Uhh...oops. :D

I seem to have overlooked the fact that the Teamless Users "team" has a bunch of users who hold a team rank, but are not listed in the database (since they don't have a unique ID). This was throwing the page count off badly.

I've since fixed it (and a couple of other minor issues this brought to my attention). :cool:

Thanks, Microbe! :thumbs:

(Yeah, you too, Paratima! :D :D)

Information on what's being worked on, what's been added, and what may be broken, as well as a link to contact me through when something is obviously borked, can always be found here:

Arachnid Stats System News & Status Page (http://stats.zerothelement.com/index.php)