PDA

View Full Version : Systems still down

gopher_yarrowzoo
04-19-2010, 09:27 AM
I looked and the servers should have been back up 5 hrs ago. I'm getting no response from the web server and no response from the Boinc side either I do have a load of pending units that I don't want to lose, don't mind the if they get points or not as long as the results get sent.. Anyone any ideas what's happening here?
I don't speak nor can I read German so going the main university website is no use to me.

Bigred
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
The university web site is down too. Must be a major problem of some kind.:hair:

gopher_yarrowzoo
04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
I wonder if they remembered to shut off the connection before flipping the power back on - just wondering if the university router got spiked.

Saenger
04-19-2010, 03:45 PM
As their forum (http://www.altes-beckhaus.com/fusion/forum/index.php) is on another server, it's still online.

And the last message in the shoutbox there says:

19. April 2010 16:31
Because of network problems we are back online on tuesday mornig. Sorry for that.

gopher_yarrowzoo
04-20-2010, 03:12 AM

Saenger
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM

So go on, they are up again ;)

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Hmm appears the systems are down again although they are saying up - my boinc client is getting
15/02/2011 13:01:31 Spinhenge@home Message from server: Server error: can't attach shared memory

I have many WU's to upload now appears to been down for a while as well yet:
from server status page.
Webserver - majestix-1 - Running
upload/download server - majestix-1 - Running
scheduler - majestix-1 - Running
feeder - majestix-1 - Not Running
transitioner - majestix-1 - Not Running
transitioner1 - majestix-1 - Not Running
file_deleter - majestix-1 - Not Running
sample_trivial_validator - majestix-1 - Not Running
sample_trivial_validator1 - majestix-1 - Not Running
spin_assimilator_new - majestix-1 - Not Running
db_purge - majestix-1 - Not Running

I'm awaiting on an admin authorising my forum account so I can post this over there.

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Just as I get authorised and go to log the error - message in shoutbox - it's back up - random server reboot and the daemons didn't come back up..