PDA

View Full Version : Linux client question/suggestion

RangerX
01-19-2003, 01:02 PM
I was wondering if there were any way to set up the Linux client to run off the Windows files, so that I only run one test at a time. I run a dual-boot machine (Windows XP and Mandrake 9.0) and while right now I do go back and forth between OSs often enough to keep both data sets alive, I may not always. And it would just be a waste of time if I never used the Linux one long enough to actually finish a data set, that the numbers kept expiring.

On a side note, I seem to have lost the Windows vrs Linux thread, but I have some evidence to contribute:
http://chaosworks.topcities.com/personal/pics/user24.jpg

As you can see, while running Linux (L) I was consistantly below the Windows (W) production levels. I have no idea why, but there's the proof. This is one 1gHz Athlon Thunderbird with 512 RAM (if RAM matters). On the good side the user statistics is telling me I have a 1.66-2 gHz computer :D :thumbs: Unfortunately I don't have a massive computer farm to throw into the project or else I would.

BTW, any teams need another member?

EDIT: Oh, SB has TWO forums :bang: That explains why I couldn't find any of the other posts. Should I copy this into the other one?

IronBits
01-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Nice work!
How about between windows98 and windows2000/XP ?
This is the Free-DC SOB Forum...
the hosted SOB Forum is way down the list ;) as you found out :D

Supp
01-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RangerX
BTW, any teams need another member?

As we're now hunting down TeamPrimeRib, we could use another member...:)

RangerX
01-19-2003, 08:29 PM
The team is Free-DC, with the hyphen right?

Supp
01-19-2003, 09:53 PM
No, it's just 'FreeDC' (w/o ') - look at 2nd place to find us :p

And remember, you have to set team vis SoB Web, client setting isn't used anymore.

RangerX
01-19-2003, 11:38 PM
It has been done.

I've always wanted to say that; hehe

IronBits
01-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Welcome to the Team ! :|party|: :cheers:

Supp
01-20-2003, 05:39 AM
Welcome :|party|:

Tax Bracket
01-20-2003, 09:10 AM