PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to mmm..JLH~faz to Free-DC's ECC2-109 team!

Jammy
01-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Hey . . .fancy meeting you here?

Jammy

Jammy
01-23-2003, 01:57 PM
You are not a member of the TVM subteam The Birds of Prey any longer! ;)

Jammy

rulesnut
01-23-2003, 04:58 PM
What is Skepticism and where can I buy some?

Jammy
01-23-2003, 06:56 PM
heh. . .long time friend! Well . . .we all are skeptics to some degree! The position that no fact or truth, however worthy of confidence, can be established on philosophical grounds, critical investigation or inquiry, as opposed to the positive assumption or assertion of certain principles. Same as implicit and explicit, lol. And to doubt about the truth of something is being skeptical.

After the cheating at Seti I truly became a skeptic! That and a certain forum that has certain issues which lead me to be doubt and question . . .

Gee . . .isn't Free-DC for us skeptics? You can be an honorary skeptic rules, lol.

Jammy

Originally posted by rulesnut
What is Skepticism and where can I buy some?

rulesnut
01-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Jammy
heh. . .long time friend! Well . . .we all are skeptics to some degree! The position that no fact or truth, however worthy of confidence, can be established on philosophical grounds, critical investigation or inquiry, as opposed to the positive assumption or assertion of certain principles. Same as implicit and explicit, lol. And to doubt about the truth of something is being skeptical.

After the cheating at Seti I truly became a skeptic! That and a certain forum that has certain issues which lead me to be doubt and question . . .

Gee . . .isn't Free-DC for us skeptics? You can be an honorary skeptic rules, lol.

Jammy

huh?

Jammy
01-23-2003, 10:37 PM
huh?

Originally posted by rulesnut
huh?

faz
01-24-2003, 05:07 PM
I have to admit that switching to Free-DC was random, based on displayed team name in ECC2.

I'm going to pretend its for parity. ;)

Once the TVM gauntlet ends I will probably switch back. But the DPs I produce here are supposed to stay here. (not that I kick out a bunch)

Jammy
01-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Hmm . .. random? Then it was not a conscious choice?

Jammy

Originally posted by faz
I have to admit that switching to Free-DC was random, based on displayed team name in ECC2.

Lagardo
03-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Jammy
The position that no fact or truth, however worthy of confidence, can be established on philosophical grounds, critical investigation or inquiry, as opposed to the positive assumption or assertion of certain principles.

This is nonsense.

See, for example, here: http://users.lycaeum.org/~greyfox/certainty.html

And to doubt about the truth of something is being skeptical.

To doubt the truth of something that has already been established as true (like your own existence) is not skepticism, it is idiocy.

Skepticism is the desire to distinguish the true from the false.