PDA

View Full Version : To all orca-members of team Free-DC

the-mk
02-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Hi!

I have created some small stats about our team at the Orca project.

If I would know all members of our team (there is still no site where all our members are listed...) I could create more complete stats about it. I know only a few members (me, myself, wirthi and our hardcore-typing sisters :D).

If you post or mail (the_mk at gmx dot at) me your IDs I can add you to my stats.

The link to my stats: http://the-mk.dyndns.org/projects/orca/index.php (but I can't ensure the availability of my server, it's only a simple private dsl-connection and no business-connection :D but it should be available 24/7)

My "dataspider" collects every hour the new data (parsing from the html-pages), so I would recommend you to change the client settings to pulse your keycount every hour.

If I've got enough time I will add some new "features" to my stats (i.e. last day keys, last week keys, upcoming conquests and potential threats if enough data is available in my database, ...)

If you have some questions feel free to post or mail me!

alpha
02-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Looks great! It's pretty much the only page I looked at during Project Dolphin, so I haven't really been that interested in PO so far, with nothing to look at...

Could you add me please - my username shouldn't be too hard to guess :)

the-mk
02-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by alpha
Could you add me please - my username shouldn't be too hard to guess :)

The problem isn't the username. If I could search people with their names on that orca-site, I would add all people I know who could be at the team.

I need your ID. You get your id when you log in. You can see your ID in the "More" link you'll see in the "User" section.

So please find out your ID, post or mail it to me and then i'll add you to my stats ;)

Thanks for your interest :)

alpha
02-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Oops! My ID is 1008. Sorry about that, I shouldn't have skim-read your initial post :rolleyes:

delerium721
02-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Del721 - id #484

Scoofy12
02-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Scoofy12 id 767

the-mk
02-03-2003, 12:07 AM
Allright boys and girls!

At the moment i've added the following people:

- Supp
- alpha
- Del721
- Scoofy12

You should be able to see your stats at 6:00 GMT + 0100. But wait some hours and more data will be available in my database when my dataspider grabs more data later that day (and tomorrow and so on :D).

I think there is a problem with new registered account like Supps account. Because of any reason (I really don't know why) he isn't ranked at the orca-page. An explanation could be found in my FAQ (http://the-mk.dyndns.org/projects/orca/faq.php) (needs to be written, but at the moment i've not enough time :( ).

I hope you've seen my recommendation to pulse every hour...

OK, thanks for your interest! I am proud to provide you some stats written by me :D :) :cheers:

alpha
02-03-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by the-mk
I think there is a problem with new registered account like Supps account. Because of any reason (I really don't know why) he isn't ranked at the orca-page.

I've been trying to keep up with the PO forums, and from that I understand there are two reasons why a user may be listed as unranked:

[list=1]
if you have pulsed only once
if you have achieved >4kps between 2 pulses
[/list=1]

From looking at Supp's stats, neither of those are apparent, so I'm not sure why he is listed as unranked.

Supp
02-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Let's wait a bit...who knows what logic drives PO stats :p

Darkness Productions
02-03-2003, 07:48 AM
id=611

for DarknessProductions

the-mk
02-03-2003, 05:49 PM
ok, added Darkness Production ;)
you should see you in the stats after the next dataspider-run

And as i see: I think the unranked-thing with the new registrated accounts is away... next dataspider-run (00:00 GMT + 0100) Supp should be ranked (and the sister of wirthi (=mwirth) too :D) and be available in my stats. :cheers: :|party|:

Hmm, the logic of the PO stats confuses me sometimes... I don't know either why Supp was unranked earlier this day. As I said: confusing :rolleyes:

the-mk
02-03-2003, 06:33 PM
If we ignore that inactive and unranked "outnow"-account in my stats, there is only one member missing in my stats of our Free-DC-team! The "Your Account"-Link on the logged in stats-page of PO tells me that there are 10 members in team Free-DC and we all have 1,644,909 keystrokes!

This one unkown missing member has got about 333000 (is about 1644909 - 1311629 (from my stats)) keystrokes. It would be great if I would know the userID of that one missing team-member. If I'd know him/her then the stats would be complete!

Probably some of you find out who it is and force him/her to post me his/her userID :D

Supp
02-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Finally, ranked!

9 Supp 6.583 link

Great!:thumbs:

the-mk
02-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Supp
Finally, ranked!

Congratulations! :|party|: :jester: :cheers:

the-mk
02-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Hi!

I've added some more features to my stats. Now you can see your last 24 hours keycount with its keyrate and a last week keycount with keyrate, but i have not enough rows in my database, so the last week stats could be not correct (last week stats should be correct within about 7 days).

:cheers:

And I have redesigned my stats page a little bit :D. Now it looks like my old stats site of Project Dolphin (http://the-mk.dyndns.org/public/dolphin-stats/index.php), but it's "offline" now, because PD died :cry: (in my opinion: they were the best stats i've ever written)

Is it OK that I'll post here if there are new features available in my stats?

I hope you enjoy my actual stats-pages!

Richard Clyne
02-04-2003, 03:01 PM
count me in. User name rclyne, id no. 3633.

the-mk
02-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi!

So, my stats should be complete for a while. :cheers:

I've added some new features:
- Potential Threats and Upcoming Conquest (like at Dyy's folding-stats :D)
- some redesign

The threats and conquest calculation is based on last week keys. It's senseless to calculate threats and conquests on last day keys (one day you type more, one day you type less).

I'll :sleepy: for a while with programming that stats. Or do you have some wishes, suggestions or complaints? So feel free to post and I'll look what I can do for you!

Erm, what about the "old" (means dolphin :D) pulser PY 222 or Alpha_7 or Moogie or neonblack? Why don't they want to join my stats? Bored of keytyping or bored of stats in general? Common boys and girls, you did a great job with keytyping!

PY 222
02-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Well mk, I have re-installed the Pulse program and it looks exactly like the Dolphin.

So, can somebody please show me the way to Team Free-DC? I don't really know how to navigate the website.

And where on earth do I get my UserID?

PY 222
02-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Ok.... Update!

I have found Team Free-DC.

Now, mk, include me into your excellent stats...:thumbs:

I need my fix! :jester:

the-mk
02-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by PY 222
Well mk, I have re-installed the Pulse program and it looks exactly like the Dolphin.

So, can somebody please show me the way to Team Free-DC? I don't really know how to navigate the website.

And where on earth do I get my UserID?

first step: get an account at http://project-orca.net/?page=register

next step: Pulse-Client --> Program Settings: change Server to http://project-orca.net/ (don't forget trailing slash!)

next step: find out your userid. in general log in at orca an look at the "more"-link. there you can see your id. then tell me your id (post or mail; asap i'll add you to MY stats on MY server)

next step: join the team @ orca: if you've logged in you'll see a "your account"-link. there you can join the free-dc-team :D

last few steps :D keytyping and pulsing every hour (hourly recommended if you want to see correct values in my stats)

:thumbs:

PY 222
02-05-2003, 04:29 PM
mk, thanks for the tutorial. I appreciate it alot.

Here is my userid: 3910.

Lets rolllllllllllllllllllllllll <-- inflate key count strategy! :jester:

PY 222
02-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Guys, during the days of Project Dolphin, I installed the Pulse program on my work machine and my home machine.

The question is does this violate any rules with Project Orca? I just want to be sure because I don't want to be branded as a cheater.

Oh yeah... I am usually the only person using both of the machines.

So what do you all think or should I post this in the Project Orca Forums to test the waters!

Alpha_7
02-05-2003, 08:28 PM
I think I'm there.. dont have time to check.. but if there is a Alpha_7 then thats me... and maybe an Alpha_7_1 ??

who knows..

alpha
02-06-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by PY 222
The question is does this violate any rules with Project Orca? I just want to be sure because I don't want to be branded as a cheater.

If it is only you typing on those machines then it is perfectly OK. Infact, it is encouraged, because otherwise you would be 'wasting' your own keystrokes.

Just watch your pulsing though. If you pulse from work and then shortly after pulse a large amount from home (or vice versa), you may be listed as unranked for having a high KPS until it evens out again.

alpha
02-06-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by the-mk
So, my stats should be complete for a while. :cheers:

They really are great. Thanks, you're doing a great job :thumbs: :D :cheers:

Darkness Productions
02-10-2003, 03:28 PM
I love the new page, but if I may make one suggestion. On each of the user pages, change the sort order for the updates. Currently, it sorts ascending, so that the last update is on the bottom. If you sort descending, then the last update will be on the top, and then it won't be so tough to see the entries :D

the-mk
02-11-2003, 11:58 AM
done...

other wishes, suggestions or complaints?

continue keytyping! you do a great job!

alpha
02-12-2003, 03:56 AM
How about some up/down (green/red) arrows to show position changes, like the distributed.net statistics (and DP's proxy stats) use?

the-mk
02-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by alpha
How about some up/down (green/red) arrows to show position changes, like the distributed.net statistics (and DP's proxy stats) use?

:crazy:

So, I've done some coding... I haven't finished yet, but look at the result at http://the-mk.dyndns.org/projects/orca/test.php . If I've got more sparetime I'll include that into the index.php-file. You can see the position-changing, but you can't see how many people someone overtook (e.g. "[arrow-up] 6" for 6 postions and so on) but I'll try to work it out!

Yeah! Continue Keytyping!

(Erm, what about Moogie and joining our team and my stats? Wasn't she in the Free-DC-Team at the old Project Dolphin?)

PY 222
02-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Woo hooo....

I am burning up the stats! Now for more keystrokes!!!

Great stats you've got there mk, I really love it.

You tha man :thumbs:

the-mk
02-16-2003, 04:52 AM
Ladies and gentlemen!

THE-MK proudly presents:
added new features to my stats (http://the-mk.dyndns.org/projects/orca/index.php):
- Position change within last 96 hours (= 4 days) (but I used +/- instead of arrows, but arrows are coming soon)
- Last Pulse available on frontpage
- removing a small bug nobody noticed at Potential Threats and Upcoming Conquests

Any other wishes, suggestions or complaints?

Enjoy my stats and continue keytyping!

alpha
02-16-2003, 06:33 AM
Hot damn, very nice :)

Only one suggestion, for the 'Last Pulse' on the main page, couldn't you put (GMT +0100) in the column title instead of each row?

the-mk
02-16-2003, 09:55 AM
done...

and I'm using arrows instead of +/-

Enjoy my stats and continue keytyping! :thumbs:

alpha
02-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Superb! Thanks :cool:

the-mk
02-16-2003, 01:20 PM
They really are great. Thanks, you're doing a great job :thumbs: :D :cheers:

You tha man :thumbs:

Superb! Thanks :cool:

Thanks! I'm proud to contribute my stats to that great Free-DC community!

And never forget: continue keytyping :D :cheers:

the-mk
02-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Congratulations to PY 222 for overtaking 3 people within four days! :cheers: :|party|: :jester:

But what about Alpha_7 and Del721? Did you guys lose interest in Project Orca? Aren't you motivated to pulse your keycount? Or are you now using Linux instead of Windows (what the PO-Client was written for)?

I don't want to force you guys, but it would be nice if you join the fun of keytyping :D

To all the others: you are doing a great job with keytyping!

If there are new members who want to join my stats: post me your ID and I'll add you to my stats (http://the-mk.dyndns.org/projects/orca/index.php)!

Have a nice day and continue keytyping! :thumbs:

PY 222
03-03-2003, 02:45 PM
WOOT....

Well, as far as I know, once the new client comes out, the Admins at PO will reset everything and start from scratch.

But I don't really care. I am just typing away... blah..blah.. blah...

:cheers:

PY 222
04-09-2003, 02:19 PM
What is going on with this Project?

There haven't been any activity on the frontpage of the website and also the development journal.

Is this Project dead even before it started? I wonder.

Thoughts anybody?

the-mk
04-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Indeed! Nothing new on project-orca.net!

No post of one of the administrators (i.e. stonetable), nothing new on the frontpage, nothing in that dev-journal...

I don't know what they are doing over there. They spoke about more "anti-cheater-efficient" methods they wanted to implement. Even the last ten pulses and the last ten days are dead in the personal stats...

Some days/weeks/months (I don't know when it was exactly) read that the leading persons have to work on their paid project and can't concentrate on Project Orca "at the moment"

And the "alternative" project, the TinyKeyCounter is something of dead too... you can flush keys/mouseclicks/scrollwheelscrolls, stats are up-to-date, but nothing new. And there is no option for team-creating or something :( (so I don't use it...)

Why did project dolphin have to die? :cry: Their stats did always work (but there were to many cheaters...), they had great team-stats and web-APIs (instead of PO and TKC)!

PY 222
04-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Oh well... all good things must come to an end, I guess!

But I seriously hope that Project Orca could continue on with what Project Dolphin did. Now it seems that PO is also slowly going down hill.

Why oh why :swear:

the-mk
04-12-2003, 11:56 AM
:swear: I can't pulse!
:swear: I can't run my dataspider for the stats...
:swear: I can't nslookup project-orca.com, project-orca.org, www.project-orca.*, I can only nslookup project-orca.net, but their site isn't available
:swear: What's the reason?
:bang:
:swear: Please you guys at Project Orca, make your things work again!

alpha
04-12-2003, 04:28 PM
They all resolve ok here (don't think they're cached):

Name: project-orca.com
Address: 65.169.94.180

Name: project-orca.org

Name: project-orca.net

Website does look borked though.

the-mk
04-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Ok, I could resolve all names
But the website is still messed up

I repaired my stats a little bit, keys from 16:00 GMT +0100, last day and last week are just foo-numbers, nothing real, potential threats and upcoming conquests are not available.

And I'll stop my dataspider until that thing is fixed :swear:

'til then: pray that it'll work soon!

PY 222
04-16-2003, 02:58 PM
There is talk in the Project Orca forums that the project is dead.

No activity since March 9th and I am seriously worried abou this project.

Check out the link http://www.project-orca.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=233

the-mk
04-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks PY222 for the link! (It was broken a little bit, but who cares :D too much http://'s :D)

I'm wondering that the stats (not all, but a part of it; at least how many keys someone pulsed) are still working :confused:

My opinion: I think the project died, but they forgot to turn off the servers and write a message like "we can't do it no longer because of ...."

PY 222
04-16-2003, 05:26 PM
OOooops, sorry MK. It has been fixed now!

Well, leaving Project Orca just like that sure isn't that nice of them.

Oh well... time to move on :swear:

Marc_1
04-16-2003, 10:07 PM
I've just spoke to StoneTable, something I've been trying to do since this latest issue came up, but something that has been thwarted by his schedule and mine.

"I'm still working on the new client, trying to secure it against wannabe hackers. In the meantime, people can still pulse"

I guess there has been some trouble with false pulses, I really didn't have time to get into it, nor did he. I do know that he has been involved in a major datacenter move this month, and has been very busy. He did say he would post an update tomorrow.

So, please be patient, and don't give up yet. If you have any trouble with pulses or whatever, either hit the Project Orca forum, or let me know, and I'll try to get an answer.

Again, please hang in there, it's not over yet.

Marc

PY 222
04-17-2003, 04:34 AM
Marc, thanks for the heads up regarding the project and the project admins.

I feel that they should at least make some kind of announcement even if its a short one describing how busy they are! Running for over a month without a single word out from them, is just a little too long.

So, we shall see what the PO Admin's will have to say. Stay tuned and yes, Free-DC will hang in there, right boys :thumbs:

the-mk
04-17-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm glad to read that Project Orca is some kind of alive! I'll stay on PO and I'll continue pulsing as I did in past times.

Thanks Marc!

An other question: Is there a "official" site on project-orca.net where the current members of Team Free-DC are listed? And if yes, could someone give me the link? (needed to improve my stats that are a "inofficial" since I've started them :D)

PY 222
04-17-2003, 07:12 PM
At last, some word from the PO Admins.

Check out their web journal at http://www.battleaxe.net/

Also, PO has a new developer on board, DrPizza! Hopefully he will bring the project forward and keep it going.

Now, all we need is to get more members to join this Project!:thumbs:

PY 222
05-17-2003, 04:23 AM
Ahh.. more life from the Project Orca Adminstrators!

A few people have sent angry emails or made angry posts, which I will continue to ignore. For those of you who've been patient, thanks. Peter is hard at work on the new client. He's building it the right way from the ground up, which means first creating an auto-updater client. What that means is that when the client starts, it will be able to check for updates and if available, download and install them, so that versioning becomes less of an issue as new features are added to the client.

Once this versioning piece is done, it won't take long to get the rest of the code to make the client usable finished and released for testing.

For those of you who aren't satisfied with the speed at which updates are posted, sorry but tough luck. We all work full-time jobs and do this in our spare time. It is a high priority for us, and we continue to make progress. If you're looking for a fully developed, mature project, maybe you should check back later. When the new client is finished I have no doubt it will rock, but in the meantime we're doing our best to do it the way we feel is best.

Lets just hope that I won't be out of college before this client gets done! :bang:

Moogie
05-17-2003, 06:21 PM
How often do the stats updat the-MK? They look awesome btw!

:thumbs:

the-mk
05-18-2003, 02:43 AM
The project orca stats are updating every hour at stats.the-mk.dyndns.org. At xx:00 starts my dataspider and about one minute later the new data are available.

They look awesome btw!
Thanks Moogs!

Moogie
05-18-2003, 03:30 AM
Not showing up. Am I doing something wrong?

the-mk
05-18-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Moogie
Not showing up. Am I doing something wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong. It is usual that a "new" member needs some time to get ranked. I don't know how, I don't know why, we had the same problem at starting that stats, but I think you should show up with your keys the next day(s).

Continue typing! :thumbs:

I'm glad to see new faces in that team :D

PY 222
05-18-2003, 04:11 AM
Wowie... looks like Moogie is going to kick some a$$ in Project Orca also eh.

Well Moogie, welcome to PO as well. :thumbs:

Moogie
05-18-2003, 11:50 AM
NP...just so long as I know it's not me. :) I'll check back from time to time. Hopefully, I'll start showing up soon.

Thanks! :thumbs: