PDA

View Full Version : More help please.....

Alpha_7
02-05-2003, 12:34 AM
I'm a little unsure how to go about this next request, basically I have to write a script/batch file that searches a range of IPs, logs into a comman share on each machine (their backup dir) and reports the computer name using nslookup, how large their bckdir is and how how much of it is mp3s. The boss is cracking down on mp3s in the backup dir as it is slooooowing it way down.

So this is to help police the problem.

I'm still a bit of newb with all this, I could of written this in a shellscript last year but I have forgotten most of that, and the boss seems to want it Windows based so am I writing a fairly complicated batch file ????

Thanks for the help and information.

Craig

the-mk
02-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi!

I haven't got a batchfile-solution, but I have a programm written by a school colleague long time ago. You can enter the files you want to find (i.e. *.mp3) and that program shows you on which computer in which share this files are (if there are some). AFAIK this program searches in all computers that are shown in the network-neighbourhood (or something like that). It also tries some standardpasswords to open a share (if it is password protected). I'll make it available for you at http://the-mk.dyndns.org/download/NetFind.exe

If you have any problems feel free to post or PM me...

I hope that I could help!

Alpha_7
02-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the program, its awesome.. but its not quiet what I'm looking for... is there any chance I could get the source code ? So I can base my program on something that works ? I'll understand if you can't, thanks again for the help :D

Alpha_7
02-05-2003, 07:14 PM
I've got the look up section working..
I'm now trying to extra only the last 2 lines from a
dir /s

Its not happening but I'm reading up on it, so hopefully I'll have a break through soon :D