PDA

View Full Version : Project User Name Change ???

Paladin*
08-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Bok, after 7+ Years of running BOINC I decided to change my User Name across the Project's from PoorBoy to Paladin* ... After 2-3 Days though I still show up as PoorBoy in the Free-DC Stats and Willy's BOINCstats.

I've gone to every Project I could and made the Name Change but how long does it take for the Stats Site to pick the new name up and drop the old name ??? Thank's

Also I don't see a way of changing my User Forum Name here at Free-DC ???

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I'll do the name change for you PoorBoy so is it Paladin or Paladin*

Bok
08-14-2010, 09:26 AM
It will actually update when it next runs the combined scores. What I do is hold a table containing the most used username for each cpid. In your case you now have 49 rows with Paladin* and 46 with PoorBoy so it has already updated my materialized view with Paladin* as your main name.

There is no way in vBulletin forums to change your username but I can fix it for you.

Paladin*
08-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Okay & Thanks Gopher (It's Paladin*), Thanks to Bok too, I figured it would take a few Days for the Name Change to take effect ...

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Okay & Thanks Gopher (It's Paladin*), Thanks to Bok too, I figured it would take a few Days for the Name Change to take effect ...

Don't thank me, Thank Bok I was just about to go do it when i saw I had been beaten too it :D