PDA

View Full Version : temporarily unable to connect -- block added to submit queue [issue fixed]

Lagardo
02-28-2003, 11:12 PM
What does this message mewn? Should I be concerned? Should I do something special?

I can ping the server just fine - I just keep getting this message and my personal stats aren't updateing...

MathGuy
02-28-2003, 11:33 PM
The server appears to be down (although still responding to ping). I believe Louie at least is aware of it...once it's back up your client should reconnect and all your previous work will be credited to you. The only real problem is if it stays down long enough for people to actually finish full Proth blocks - then we get idle CPUs...that's a different message, though.

jjjjL
03-01-2003, 12:33 AM
i actually had no idea.

i've been in detroit all day.

the server has been restarted. thanks for posting. next time, just fire off a polite email to me or dave.

the physical machine the server app runs on was fine. i setup a script to check to make sure it's still running every 10 minutes, so this shouldn't happen again.

-Louie

FoBoT
03-01-2003, 12:48 AM
thank you! :notworthy

MathGuy
03-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Louie - Sorry about saying you knew when you didn't...I posted it because I had sent you an e-mail but then the e-mail bounced. Should have edited the post! mea culpa

The script monitor sounds like a great idea!