PDA

View Full Version : Dang.. Don't Ya just Hate when a piece of Hardware lets ya down

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Don't ya just hate it when you have a remote non-networked machine you can use for stuff and you stick the results file on a floppy or 2 and come home to a box ya can use.. only to find that.... the dang box won't read the disk or infact any disk :|
damn and I was so close to dumping a nice load of units for seti to catch Iron "Target Butt" Bits :))
Im :swear: :bang: :swear: :help:

IronBits
03-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Don't :cry: in your :cheers:
No worries mate, there is always tomorrow :D

Richard Clyne
03-25-2003, 08:28 PM
/me plays the violin (very badley) for Gopher's sob story. :)

On a serious note sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing worse.:(

When I was a lad (very young one ;) ) I remember having the same problem with 5 1/4" disks.

Then along came these cute little 3 1/2" disks that could easily slip into a top pocket. Problem solved.

Now history is repeating itself. I seem to have more and more problems with floppy disks.

IronBits
03-25-2003, 09:28 PM
I hope you didn't DELETE the results until you were sure you had it. :(
This reminds me of some nasty floppy drive incompatabilites many years back... IBM laptops and IBM clone PCs...
To get past this, I would format the floppy using the destination drive. Go to the computer where the data is you want to make a copy of, copy the data on to it, then bring it over to the original drive that formatted it, and read the data off of it.
If you lost it all, what a shame :( :cry:

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-26-2003, 01:32 PM
got a new floppy drive, works now, still killed one disk (mind you I tried to format it :P) So IB Im back and Im thinking of Seriously OC'ing this machine now :rotfl: and your right :cry: in the :cheers: ain't good for the beer

Richard Clyne
03-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
This reminds me of some nasty floppy drive incompatabilites many years back... IBM laptops and IBM clone PCs...
To get past this, I would format the floppy using the destination drive. Go to the computer where the data is you want to make a copy of, copy the data on to it, then bring it over to the original drive that formatted it, and read the data off of it.

I remember those days. Where they not called the good old days. When the latest OS was MSDOS 3.XX. the must have CPU was the 80386 running at a impressive 16Mhz, and not forgetting MS Windows v2.:eek: