PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

Bok
08-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Just experienced my first earthquake here in North Carolina which I was not expecting. Hopefully my QCN sensor picked it up and it'll show in the result somewhere !

LAURENU2
08-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Go to the website and check your WU's :thumbs:

mmm The thumbs smile is not working

Jeff17
08-23-2011, 09:48 PM
So do you know if your sensor caught anything? They said one in Raleigh did.
I think it might be one of my two. I have asked over in their forum to make sure I am understanding the results.

Bok
08-24-2011, 07:16 AM
I think these are the host id's. http://qcn.stanford.edu/sensor/img/Virginia_M5.8.pdf Unfortunately not mine - which to me means the sensor doesn't work that well as the house was definitely shaking !

uBronan
08-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Hopefully the prediction from some geological experts not come true that a new strong earthquake will come in end september begin october in the usa.
And now the scary hurricane irene going towards NY on its destructive path .... brrrr
I am glad not to live in the usa ;)

My mini country almost has non of these monster events

Well except if one super old mega super vulcano in the german eiffel erupts we would have a problem, but i guess if that one blows it would have a global effect like the mega vulcano in yellowstone park. The scary thing is both these giants are rising slowly so someday these 2 super monsters are gonna blow but hopefully far away in the future.

And on the earthquake front we are scared if its a 3.1 quake, but lol as long as i remember in 50 years had only one which rocked my house for 15 seconds and this only cause i lived at the 16th floor :D

The only true danger is that some mega flood/tsunami sinks us back into the sea ;), which also happens once in a few thousand years.

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Broson - great, where ya think I'm heading end of September, yup you got it the US, West coast USA to boot. great.. I may get stuck there, dang..