PDA

View Full Version : Whoo! Officially in the 100 club!

ChertseyAl
09-04-2011, 05:40 AM
i.e. According to Free-DC I've got credit in 100 projects :)

Although I've actually got credit in 107 projects, but some of them never exported stats, the meanies ;)

So, what to try for next, given my meagre computing power? Could go for 100ks I suppose, but it'll take years to get anywhere.

Got any new types of MM lined up guys?

Al.

Bok
09-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Congrats!

Yeah, I think I've got credit in about 120 in total, including a few that no-one else outside of the projects themselves have credit too :)

10K's ? Depending on what else I'm running at the time, I tend to make sure a new project gets to 10K first.

gopher_yarrowzoo
09-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Congrats mate :) yeah 10k is a good target for a solo cruncher like me, I do try although it would take me a LONG time to do that too... well maybe..

ChertseyAl
09-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I usually aim for (and get) 25k on every project, though a few I've left at 10k and a few aren't really worth going above the 1k as they are just to nasty to crunch.

Also I try and get into the top 100 for each MM which I've pretty much done for the 'lower' ones, although I'll have to check what vaios are as I'm out of the top 100 for those. Might be a good thing to try for :)

Looks like I'll need a lot of work to get top-100 in the 100ks - I suppose I could buy some stupid-fast hardware, but that's against my approach of using cheap/free stuff :)

Then again, I could just crunch the high credit projects and maybe 'break my duck' in the 1m MM (not bothered about the 750k MM - That one looks a bit out of place, much like the 50k one) - But I like to switch projects at least once per week, so I'd get bored.

Or I could just crunch 'worthy' projects, but everyone else does that already and my contribution would be insignificant.

Perhaps just do the best I can in the maths projects, as that's my primary interest.

Or just switch the whole farm off and get a life ;)

Al.

ChertseyAl
02-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Whoo! (again). Another 100 for me ...

100 1k's !

A bit of a lame milestone, but then again there's only 23 BOINCers with more than that :)

Al.

Bok
02-24-2012, 09:30 AM
nice one, the air tastes good up here :)

ChertseyAl
04-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Just found another 100+ milestone - 106 UOTDs according to uotd.org - Probably the least awesome milestone possible :rotfl:

Oh, seems I just passed 10M total credit. Not much, but my fastest machine is a 3GHZ P4!

Just rescued my place in the top 100 at the 50k club - Gonna have to bite the bullet and get into the top 100 for 100k now. Also I'll try and get 5 projects up to 1M by the end of the year (without buying any new hardware!).

Al.