PDA

View Full Version : Why This Joint Rocks!!!!

Chinasaur
05-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Day after day you can see topics scroll down the "latest posts" header box...

All sorts of posts ... posts about projects ... posts about jokes ... hardware ... software ... congratulations on crunching goals met ...birthday wishes ... almost anything .... and this goes on 24 HOURS A DAY... 365 DAYS A YEAR!!!

And yet ... day after day ... during all this postage...

NO FLAMES ... NO LAMENESS ... NO ATTITUDE ... No out of control Ego's!!!!!

No "yer a jerk for doing so and so project" ... "such and such project is lame because..." nobody being put down because they can't afford the latest / greatest or because they chose a certain processor ... nobody belittling anyone .. no flame wars ...

Accidents happen and people vent (I'm guilty more than once..) but it's NOT the rule around here... and THAT is why people come here... it's a genuinely decent / nice place to hang out and post.

The success of www.free-dc.org is not measured in numbers...it's measured in the quality of time that the members experience while here..so Founders..you succeeded :)

Just wanted to say: Thanks to everyone for making this a place coming back to day after day. You all are the best :)

</grouphug>

:cheers:

rshepard
05-20-2003, 07:10 PM
I agree completely---There came a point where I needed to find a new team; I had cruised the boards here almost as much as at my old team forum, so it wasn't hard to move in here. I'm glad I did.

:cheers: :cheers:

<hugs all around>

Supp
05-20-2003, 07:16 PM
I'm happy to second you Chinasaur,
after year and half, I'm still amazed by great community we
have here.

Our strenght isn't in numbers, but in
individual qualities of our members.

I'm glad that Chinasaur wrote this, because
my feelings are exactly the same.

So, I wish everybody good flight with Free-DC
in years coming.

PY 222
05-21-2003, 02:31 AM
This is my first real team that I joined but I can tell it straight out that this is THE BEST team ever.

I personally think that its the people in here that makes it great. Our close relationships with one another is just great.

I wouldn't have choose it any other way.

Here is a big cheers to everybody for making this my home. :cheers:

/me go give IB a :kiss:

Richard Clyne
05-21-2003, 03:31 AM
Got to agree with you on this one Chinasuar.

<even more group hugs>:)

Moogie
05-21-2003, 05:19 AM
It's a great group of peeps, I'll agree with you there. It's been my home for quite a while. You don't have to be a main cruncher with a large amount of power to your name to be accepted. What I like about it is that the owners/admins are not power hungry nor control freaks. I'd say that makes us different that many other teams/forums that exist today. This place is more for the members and what we want or need.

Dyy, IronBit, et al, have done a good job of making these forums, as well as the team, the place to be.

Hats off to you!

:kiss:

More group hugs!!

Scoofy12
05-21-2003, 07:12 PM
hear hear!

and the smileys are cool!
:cheers: :|party|: :notworthy :thumbs: :drums: :elephant: :kiss:

IronBits
05-24-2003, 01:18 AM
ack! I missed this thread!!! :bang:

w00t! Me runs head long into the Group HUG! :elephant:
oops, I tooted :blush: :D
We love ya man!!!
Free-DC r0xors and so do all the MEMBERS :cheers: :|party|:

pointwood
05-25-2003, 07:57 AM
/me agrees! :thumbs:

I'm not a Free-DC cruncher, but I still visit this place (and the irc channels) nearly everyday - hope that is okay with you guys :p+

Moogie
05-25-2003, 10:24 AM
No problems with that hear Pointwood! Everybody is welcome, but beware. We'll be working on you to join the Free-DC bunch. :D

Seriously, glad you visit. Wouldn't be the same without you.

:thumbs: