PDA

View Full Version : www.dBestern.com:5517

IronBits
02-22-2002, 02:32 PM
Ok, looks like the SetiQ is working again. I have extra WUs to give out if you need any.

Alpha_7
02-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Good Times :)

IronBits
02-23-2002, 12:32 AM
OK - Looks like we are back in business.
I have over 100 WUs cached and more coming down still.
For those that need WUs, come get em :)

Alpha_7
02-23-2002, 09:18 AM
I'm grabbing units left right and centre, If this is going to become a comman accurance I want to make sure my stashes are full with juice units to crunch :)

Would there be any advantage to me having a queue ?
Or just as easy for me to stash them all on my machines..
and do it as I have been ? And if I was to queue , would I need a domain name type thing (getting specific here :) ) so make the queue work online ? Such as Ironbits and others ?

IronBits
02-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Not really necessary. The w2k server that died, had been running 5 years with no crashes. I think my $500 SCSI controller died. ;(

There are over 150 WUs cached, and I have a 23:59 connection to Berkeley, and I was able to supply Frag with all he needed when he was tossing up 300+ per day :D

There are many public Qs out there already, should this happen again. I think the worst is over now anyways. They have added another 10mb of bandwidth to the Seti project finally.

However, if one wanted to do so, you would need a static IP and dedicated Inet connection to start with... if you wanted it to be puplic.
If you wanted a private one, then sure thing, you can run one on a fixed IP behind a firewall, point all your boxen at that one boxen, and let the Q connect to the Inet at will to fetch/send units to another Q...