PDA

View Full Version : Unable to upload, client keeps trying

pfb
05-28-2003, 01:01 PM
My internet connection went walkabouts yesterday at 10am - the Linux PC was fine - it kept timing out on uploading but carried on processing...but the Windows client froze which mean I lost 10 hours processing...there are no errors in the error.log so not sure what was happening or whether it was a one off...

Not really fussed but just wondered if this was a known problem or just a one-off...

pfb
05-29-2003, 04:59 AM
happened again this morning - as soon as the Windows client loses the internet connection (not running no-net but when my connection drops) the client hangs and requires a reboot to get started...

running as a service on XP btw....

pfb
05-29-2003, 12:40 PM
seemed to have solved the problem by not using the proxy - it seems that wasn't responding when I was uploading so the Windows client hung but Linux (Mandrake) kept on going...

all I have to hope is the other problem doesn't come back (the one which required me to use a named proxy)...

rshepard
06-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Odd-- I had a similar problem yesterday, but the Windows clients kept on working, and it was the Linux client that stopped completely-- (not using a proxy) :bang: