PDA

View Full Version : New Theme

Dyyryath
06-10-2003, 12:54 PM
I've been playing catch up with some of the administration tasks around the Free-DC forums & website. One of the tasks on my list was a custom theme for the Seventeen or Bust forum (like we have for the Distributed Folding forum).

I've tried to make it look as much like the Seventeen or Bust website as possible (pretty site, BTW). If the admins here would rather stick with the default Free-DC look, that's fine. Just thought we'd give you the option if you wanted something that looks a little more like home. ;)

If the admins want to change back, or just make some changes to this theme, PM me or email me. I'll take care of it right away.

rosebud
06-10-2003, 01:04 PM
very nice! :D

Frodo42
06-10-2003, 01:51 PM
clearly an improvement and also much better for the eyes:haddock:

Jwb52z
06-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Any time you can make something look like chocolate brown, you have my vote.

mklasson
06-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Might I suggest that the darker text color from the SoB site be adopted as well? White text on dark background is a little harsh on at least my eyes.

Looks nice otherwise,
Mikael

jjjjL
06-10-2003, 04:20 PM
hi Dyyryath. i never had a problem with the standard look but this is definately cool. thanks for taking the time to customize things for us. i like it.

-Louie

Dyyryath
06-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Glad to be of service.

I've toned the text down a notch or two in response to mklasson's suggestion.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

mklasson
06-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Much cozier. :)

Thanks,
Mikael

eatmadustch
06-12-2003, 02:28 PM
I also like the theme, however there's one thing that's really ugly! If you want to print a thread (the button show printable version) the page you get has a disgusting brown 17ob logo on a white background. If it's not too much bother I wouldn't mind seeing that removed ;)

Dyyryath
06-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Heh, didn't notice that. In fact, I don't think I've ever clicked on the 'Show Printable Version' before.

I've removed the graphic from the template for that page. It should be good now. :thumbs:

Nuri
06-14-2003, 09:05 PM
For those who want to see the new theme while reading private messages (or any other forum under Free DC except distributed folding) as well. The steps are;

- click user cp
- click edit options
- find style set at the bottom, and change it's combo box value to Seventeen or Bust
- click submit modifications.

That's it. Happy viewing. :)