PDA

View Full Version : Auto Update not working

PCZ
06-17-2003, 07:13 PM
I just had to manually configure all my nodes.
Auto update didn't do anything.
What is supposed to happen? my clients just kept on working on the old phase.
I wasn't using the beta client.

Brian

bguinto1
06-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Howard,

99% of my servers did not update. I estimate I have over 2000 unsent sets that are just buffered. It appears that when the old client tries to upload the old protein it get the following error message:

Status 906 Generic Structure Error.

When I "Q"uit out of the client and restart the "foldit.bat" file it would update the client, but then when it attempts to start the client the following error message would appear on the command line:

[NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [000.000] Missing/Invalid arguments. For usage, run program, with no arguments.
Hit Return

The only way I could get the new client to run was to re-install, but that did not allow my unsent files to be uploaded.

BTW, the only servers that automatically updated were the ones that did not have any buffered sets.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Welnic
06-17-2003, 08:24 PM
I had the problem with the invalid arguments on some of my machines that used the -s flag. They would update okay but then choke when the new client tried to run with that flag. You have to edit your foldit.bat to remove that flag.

When the update happened the old data was no longer being accepted, so if a client updated correctly it just deleted the phase I files. The files that didn't make it all the way through the update didn't get around to deleting the old files.

Brian the Fist
06-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Yes,I didnt really think about that, but I suppose if you were using the -s flag to change the upload frequency, since I removed it, the update wouldn't work. I should have left it in as valid and just ignored it, for backwards compatilbility like I did with the -d flag. Sorry!

As for them not seeing the update until you restarted, I'm not sure - they should check for an update whether an upload error occurs or not. Maybe you just needed to wait a bit longer...