PDA

View Full Version : Is G@H dead?

MTP
06-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Hey, just got back into the swing of things and was looking into getting back into G@H, but it seems like nobody really participates anymore?

Is this a dead project? I read they completed the original goal but they are still collecting data? Why if the project is over?

IronBits
06-18-2003, 07:18 PM
It was put into F@H3 client :(
They still release genome units, but it all goes to the F@H stats board.

Condor
06-18-2003, 09:36 PM
When you start the client you can configure it to do only Genome work in the Advanced Settings.
All stats are now at the folding site. Work for genome now falls under project #799.

Good to see you back MTP.:)

Dyyryath
06-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Hey MTP! Come play with us over at Distributed Folding. We just started a new Phase and the stats are all reset. It's a good time to get in and help Free-DC kick a little ass. :thumbs:

As for Genome: RIP. I really loved that project. I was kind of saddened to see it just fall into Folding@Home. :(

Death
02-17-2004, 09:22 AM
so long....

May 5 it comes an year since G@H classic was stopped.
maybe admins rename this board to G@H classic and moves it to @completed projects" section?? :rolleyes:

willy1
03-10-2004, 03:13 PM
It appears to be officially stopped now.

Announcement (http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=7252)

It is with the deepest gratitude that we wish to thank all those who have contributed over the years to the Genome@home project. It has accumulated a large database of protein sequences, which will be used for important scientific purposes for many years by our group and many others throughout the world. Like all good things, however, its time has come. Over the last year we have kept Genome@home running on a very low budget by sharing much of its client infrastructure with Folding@home, but several months from now its funding will no longer be available at all.

For this reason, the Genome@home project will be terminated. While the servers will stop distributing new work units on March 10, they will remain up until April 15 to receive the final results.

Vijay Pande, Stefan Larson, & the rest of the Pande Group

That should make an interesting power shift in the DC Repository standings when that project is removed :)

matrix_fan
03-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Looks like we might go up to 2nd-3rd place in the bio science rank. Very interesting indeed.... :D

willy1
04-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:43 pm Post subject: GAH servers shut down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Genome@home servers have now been shut down. The project will officially end with the final stats update this morning. The project website will be updated to reflect the end of the project.

Thank you all for everything you've done to make this project such a success. I encourage you all to continue donating your computer time to scientific research through the Folding@home project.

All the best - Stefan Larson

FoBoT
04-16-2004, 12:39 PM
well, i went from #90 in the May 5, 2003 stats to #126 in the final stats :crazy:

Free-DC finished at # 45