PDA

View Full Version : Phase II - Running Offline Suggestions

Digital Parasite
06-20-2003, 05:03 PM
Is anyone here running the Phase II client offline? I have a bunch of machines which are offline and I don't have any network connection on site so I have to transport the results elsewhere to upload.

With Phase I, it was easy because you just dumped the structures you had finished on a disk/CD/USB key and the client could continue on. But with Phase II, you have to take all the files, upload the results and then bring back the new filelist.txt file to continue. So since they are offsite that means I can't continue until I bring the disk back the following day and will lose all night's work.

What I think I am going to do for now is have 2 sets running per machine so I move a set off to the CD and bring it home to upload. I start the client again from scratch, when I get back I move those files onto the CD for processing then put the modified filelist.txt back on the machine and let it continue. I can keep switching between the two sets so I don't lose any down time.

Anyone have better ideas?

Jeff.

Welnic
06-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Thats the only solution that I thought of for that problem. I think the only real way to deal with this would be if a mode was added to the client so it could upload to another folder and the distribfold folder was left just like it had just uploaded to the server. Then you take the files in the upload folder to the connected machine.

HaloJones
06-21-2003, 04:31 AM
Now that's the best idea I've heard in a long time!!!:hifi: