PDA

View Full Version : Found a picture of the IronBits farm....

rsbriggs
06-22-2003, 10:22 PM
I found this cute little picture of the IronBits server farm :neener:

For anyone interested:

:notworthy The IronBits farm (http://ws9.jobnegotiator.com/html/monsters/ironbits.html)

IronBits
06-22-2003, 11:11 PM
heh, yup, just one of the many small garden spots that make up the whole pharm.
Doesn't look much different today as it did back then. ;)
All wear a box, all have XP2600s, 6 of the 8 have ASUS A7N8X (some deluxe) motherboards, all Volcano 9 heatsink/fans and 512mb DDR 2700-3200 XMS RAM. 1 Server is a Soyo Deluxe plantinum, 1 cruncher uses a MSI K7V133 motherboard.
Same corner, same table, same room tho. :crazy:

PY 222
06-23-2003, 12:01 AM
IB, that looks like a few confused machines lying around the place rather than a pharm.

But still, I envy you for having so many toys to play with.

IronBits
06-23-2003, 12:33 AM
:harhar: at least they have cases, I used to run em all out of the box on the table :) At one time, I was gonna nail em to the wall :D

PY 222
06-23-2003, 01:26 AM
Nailing them to the wall has just given me an idea.

Why don't you guys just hang it from the ceiling? It will look pretty cool when you have guest over at your place!

Now the question is, who in Free-DC will be the first to try it out?:smoking:

GHOST
06-23-2003, 01:52 AM
i am thinking about putting a node in the fridge. solve a cooling and space problem. i am a single man and can get away with that.

rsbriggs
06-23-2003, 06:54 AM
What a great idea, actually - I could buy a used frig, put it out in the garage, and fill it with CPUs. Solves the problem of building a rack, and would keep things nice and cool during the summer....

IronBits
06-23-2003, 09:16 AM
A fridge is not designed to handle the output of even one CPU.
Stick a hairdryer in one and let it run in there, door shut for a few hours and see if your coke is still cold. ;)
I'm afraid your cpus would die a horrible death, but great thinking...
Keep it up! :)

rsbriggs
06-23-2003, 10:24 AM
:( Oh well, I guess that the next possibility is to wall off part of the garage and put a window mount type AC unit in the wall. I'm not so certain that I want to go down that road - seems like it would be easily possible to turn WU production into a very expensive hobby....

IronBits
06-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by PCZ
"I'm not so certain that I want to go down that road - seems like it would be easily possible to turn WU production into a very expensive hobby"

It is an extremely expensive hobby for us Home Farmers.
Brian Very expensive to maintain.
I was hitting $500 per month for electricty here in California last year. :bang:
Good to see you post Brian! :thumbs:

edit: How the heck did I quote/reply to your post before your post Brian??? :confused:
Dyyryath must be feeding his computer grape koolaid again :rotfl:

Welnic
06-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Here is a page with pictures of my farm. My company pays for its electricity by the square foot of floor space, so electricity is not a problem. The heat is starting to be an issue though, I might have to make a duct to suck the hot air into the ceiling.

http://rasy.com/home/clint/farmpics/CubeFarm.html

PCZ
06-23-2003, 11:48 AM
"I'm not so certain that I want to go down that road - seems like it would be easily possible to turn WU production into a very expensive hobby"

It is an extremely expensive hobby for us Home Farmers.

Brian

PCZ
06-23-2003, 01:47 PM
IronBits
How did my post which you obviously read end up after your's in the thread?

I have got some more nodes running but I don't seem to be gaining any ground on yourself. How much horsepower do you have?.

I will add a couple more and see what happens.

Brian

PY 222
06-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Holy.....

There is a glitch in the system! Deja Vu!

Everybody, be prepared to fight! :rotfl:

IronBits
06-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
IronBits
How did my post which you obviously read end up after your's in the thread?

I have got some more nodes running but I don't seem to be gaining any ground on yourself. How much horsepower do you have?.

I will add a couple more and see what happens.
Brian I assume the server, which is a tad over zealous, was getting ahead of itself again, until Master Dyyryath reigned it in with ntp or something ;) .

I only have a few boxen left to add, and I'm tapped out.
Feel free to add yours to the Free-DC Super Computer right over here with the rest of us. :thumbs: http://fdcsc.dbestern.net/home.php
I'm telling ya tho, it's that sneaky Condor you have to watch out for. ;)
You don't want to :Pokes: him to much. :jester:
And ole whats-his-face, ummm... oh ya xj10bt :moon: :D

Your'e gonna ADD more? :scared: :bang:
Good, cause we NEED it! :thumbs:

I'm sure glad your on our side! :D :cheers:

Condor
06-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Don't let Ironbits scare ya, you don't need to worry about lil' ol' me.
It is xj10bt you should really be watching.

At any rate, it is good to have you.
And waste no time starting them up.:shocked:

IronBits
06-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Welnic
Here is a page with pictures of my farm. My company pays for its electricity by the square foot of floor space, so electricity is not a problem. The heat is starting to be an issue though, I might have to make a duct to suck the hot air into the ceiling.

http://rasy.com/home/clint/farmpics/CubeFarm.html Nice stack! erm, Rack! erm... you know what I mean. ;) :D