PDA

View Full Version : Genome Spy and mapped Linux directories

Smiling Carnivore
03-01-2002, 08:10 PM
I know Genome Spy is pretty slick for fleet usage, but it has no Linux support and most of my boxen use Slackware, I am in the process of setting up samba on a few of my Slack boxen to see if I can monitor there progress from Genome Spy on my Win2k box and possibly move their work units over. Has anyone else tried this? I guess basically what I am asking is does anyone know if there is a difference between a Linux WU and a Windows WU.

Smiling Carnivore
03-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Well, in case anyone is interested, I have two of my computers mapped via samba from my Win2k box now. Genome Spy seems to be monitoring them fine, but it kicks up an error about stripping seconds from date/time. (I am not at home or I would put up the exact message.) Even with the error though it is projecting times and monitoring progress. I should know this evening if Genome Spy will handle moving WU from Linux boxen to a dummy uploader I have set up on my Win2k box.

Smiling Carnivore
03-04-2002, 09:15 PM
It is still kicking out the error regarding removing seconds from date/time, but it is moving WU over. I can deal with a few error messages now and then if it means I don't have to keep the monitor and keyboard handy.