PDA

View Full Version : Phase II Client

Darkness Productions
06-25-2003, 09:48 AM
By the way guys, the Windows Text client for phase II seems to suck big ones. It crashes at random, with nothing in the error log, and no Dr Watson information. I've converted my windows boxen to the service install, to see if it helps.

Any other suggestions? Because if I can't get this thing stable, I'm gonna turn it off.

rshepard
06-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Are you running it in quiet mode? If so, you might run it for a bit without the -qt flag and see if you can get an indication of whats happening in the console. Seeems odd that nothing is showing up in the errors.log tho. Are you on win2k? I ask because I have 4 2k boxes that have run stable as anything from the project launch. Are you tight on memory? Could be that memory leak they're chasing is killing them-- I'm just speculating here....:(

Condor
06-25-2003, 11:22 AM
I have been running the service install almost exclusively without any real problems.

Did you DL a fresh install or update from the Phase I client ?

Darkness Productions
06-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Both...

Originally posted by Condor
I have been running the service install almost exclusively without any real problems.

Did you DL a fresh install or update from the Phase I client ?

GHOST
06-25-2003, 12:36 PM
client had been running ok on my winxp. i woke up this morning and dfgui said it was running, only had two generations. task manager said system idle proccess 99%. nothing in error log.

Paratima
06-25-2003, 02:42 PM
I had that happen on Win2K during the beta testing and wrote it up, but never got a satisfactory answer.

Supp
06-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Hm, my client (fresh phase 2 instsall) is running over 2 days 10 hours w/o problem...are you sure your box isn't overheating ? (well, that's stupid question, I know ;) )

PCZ
06-25-2003, 07:19 PM
I am noticing a problem where the client slows down.
Everything appears OK but it takes ages to do each generation.
Rebooting fixes the problem but only for a day or so.
I haven't worked out what is causing it yet.

Brian

Anarchy99
06-25-2003, 08:06 PM
I stopped running the gui on most of my clients cause they were taking forever and I couldnt see why

after running the cmd windows for a while I am seeing that I have that stupid tight spot on every residue it configures and my production has dropped out the friggin' floor cause it takes a friggin' day and a half to get through a structure let alone a protien :rolleyes:

this is driving me :banana:

IronBits
06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
You will get about a 20% boost in performance if you run it with the -qt switch :thumbs:
In other words, STOP watching it! :D

magnav0x
06-25-2003, 08:18 PM
I'm only doing 19 structures an hour on my Athalon XP 1800 with 512 DDR, using -qt and -rt switches. That right?!

Anarchy99
06-25-2003, 08:20 PM
so thats why water takes so long to boil :confused:

Condor
06-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Magnav0x -
I have 43 and 32 per hour on two XP 1800s, same mem same switches.
With so much variety in the Phase II protiens, I am still not sure if that is even a good comparison.

DP -
I only had problem with one client stopping without error. It was update from phase I. I did not mess with it, just reinstalled to different dir and no probs since. Don't know.

A99 -
Maybe if you stop watching the client you won't need so much medication.