PDA

View Full Version : Just received STATUS 907 FOLD LOG PARSE ERROR/UNKNOWN HANDLE

Darkness Productions
06-29-2003, 12:00 PM
I just received an error message of STATUS 907 FOLD LOG PARSE ERROR/UNKNOWN HANDLE on one of my windows machines when trying to upload. Is there something I should check on?

In error.log, just before this started happening, there's a line:

FATAL ERROR: CoreLib [002.005] {ncbifile.c, line 715} File write error

Any specific file I should be looking at?

Thanks guys!

^7_of_9
06-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Look at handle.txt and see if you've got the proper handle in there for your account. To me that's what it looks like the problem is. It can't find the handle to credit the work too.

Darkness Productions
06-29-2003, 02:35 PM
handle.txt seems to be fine. Not sure what else to check...

^7_of_9
06-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Try re-entering your handle through the program itself as maybe there's an extra space or something it doesn't like. Make sure it's captialized the way it is on the DF page.

That's the only thing I can think of ....

Darkness Productions
06-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Howard -

Noticed here (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3246) that the error message from error.log I posted above has something to do with attempting to run the benchmark, but it still doesn't explain the 907 FOLD LOG PARSE ERROR I get.

Any ideas?

tpdooley
06-30-2003, 04:09 PM
did you try the simple stuff.. downloading the client again and overwriting the program files (except for handle.txt) - and edit the foldit command line again? (what parameters are you passing to foldtrajlite.exe?)

Darkness Productions
06-30-2003, 09:53 PM
On this machine, I'm running it as a service, but using dfGUI to upload, and I've tried running it without dfGUI, no luck either.

Originally posted by tpdooley
did you try the simple stuff.. downloading the client again and overwriting the program files (except for handle.txt) - and edit the foldit command line again? (what parameters are you passing to foldtrajlite.exe?)

Brian the Fist
07-02-2003, 02:39 AM
File write error is cause by one of 2 things- you don't have write permissions (to the program directory or temp directory) or you are out of disk space. Check all of your partitions and see if any are full or nearly full. If so, clear them off and try again. You may have to start again if files got corrupted due to the disk being full of course but if you are lucky it can pick up where it left off

Darkness Productions
07-02-2003, 07:07 AM
I have full permissions (I run as Administrator), and the disk still has about 2 GB free.

Darkness Productions
07-02-2003, 10:06 AM
So then, if something of the above is the case, then I've lost 3 days of work on that machine?

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
You may have to start again if files got corrupted due to the disk being full of course but if you are lucky it can pick up where it left off

Darkness Productions
07-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Howard/Elena -

Any word on this, and/or how I should go about getting this data uploaded?

Brian the Fist
07-10-2003, 10:27 PM
I think you should be more concerned about why the error occurred than losing a couple days of data. Was your disk partition full (check where the TEMP directory is too)? Is your HD damaged?

Darkness Productions
07-10-2003, 10:59 PM
I am concerned about why the error happened, so that it doesn't happen to others. To my knowledge, the drive wasn't full, nor is it damaged.

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
I think you should be more concerned about why the error occurred than losing a couple days of data. Was your disk partition full (check where the TEMP directory is too)? Is your HD damaged?

ohms18k
07-14-2003, 11:20 AM
DP/Howard, have you found anything with Error 907

the only line in my error log is:

ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4127} Error during upload: STATUS 907 FOLD LOG PARSE ERROR/UNKNOWN HANDLE

I'm running W2K server, with Admin rights, the HD is not full or bad, been running nice & smooth for 3 wks. Today an error trying to upload, I moved that folder off and started up a new client. It would be nice to move that folder back and upload.

Brian the Fist
07-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by ohms18k
DP/Howard, have you found anything with Error 907

the only line in my error log is:

I'm running W2K server, with Admin rights, the HD is not full or bad, been running nice & smooth for 3 wks. Today an error trying to upload, I moved that folder off and started up a new client. It would be nice to move that folder back and upload.

Well there is an error in the .log.bz2 file you tried to upload. It could be corrupt, or have an error in it somehow. If you look at the filelist.txt, find the first .log.bz2 file that is actually present on the disk (if any) and e-mail it to trades@mshri.on.ca and we can have a look and see if there's anything funny about it...

CrazySaint
09-30-2003, 01:31 AM
I have the same problem. I'm using WIn98, so no write access issues, and I've got plenty of disk space and a good disk. I've got over 1000 generations buffered that I need to upload.

Is there any new advice, or should I still e-mail a file to that address?

Brian the Fist
09-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Which of the numerous errors mentioned above are you getting exactly?

CrazySaint
09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm getting the status error 907.

Brian the Fist
10-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CrazySaint
I'm getting the status error 907.

Ok, this usually means a .log file is corrupted. It you still have all the files, zip up the directory and the try:

foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 1

from the command line. This will skip the bad file. Then run normally and it should work, but you may get a bunch of 910 'previous generation missing' errors. This is normal, just ignore them and continue.

You could also send us the zipped directory so I can see what was corrupted about your file, and fix it if caused by a bug.

CrazySaint
10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
I'll try that, thanks! Should I send to trades@mshri.on.ca?

CrazySaint
10-01-2003, 06:03 PM
That did the trick! I have 1166 generations happily uploading :D

Stardragon
10-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CrazySaint
I'll try that, thanks! Should I send to trades@mshri.on.ca?

Please upload the files to ftp.blueprint.org into /incoming.
User: anonymous
Password: your e-mail address

Thank you :)