PDA

View Full Version : CSRSS.exe

Kileran
06-30-2003, 01:22 PM
I've noticed this process running today, and it's using about 30% of my 2400+ processor

i hope this is part of the project, or i have a nasty trojan running.

Darkness Productions
06-30-2003, 01:28 PM
It's actually a part of Windows, though I don't remember what it's actually for...

alpha
06-30-2003, 01:34 PM
From reading earlier threads, I think that's for the graphical output of the CLI client. Try running with -qt to disable the output and you will be crunching 30% harder.

Gras
06-30-2003, 04:27 PM
See this thread:

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3288

pmondo
07-08-2003, 05:52 PM
where do i put the -gt at?
i need to turn off csrss.exe from running when DF runs

tpdooley
07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
it's -QT in lower case.. -qt. (Quiet Terminal?).

if you're using dfGUI, choose "Quiet Mode" and then stop and start the client again.
if you run foldit.bat, then it'll be the line that looks like this:

.\foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -qt -rt
(quiet mode turned on -qt, and use extra ram turned on -rt)

bwkaz
07-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by tpdooley
it's -QT in lower case.. -qt. (Quiet Terminal?). Quiet True, actually. Just like -if is Internet, False, and -ut is Upload, True. Just like -rt is RAM, True. ;)

wirthi
07-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by bwkaz
Quiet True, actually. Just like -if is Internet, False, and -ut is Upload, True. Just like -rt is RAM, True. ;)
Hell ... I've been using DF since the beginning of the project, and asked myself almost as long what those strange switches mean ...thanks for the info :)

bwkaz
07-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, I should say that I don't know this for sure. However, based on the fact that all the switches work that way (the first letter seem to correspond to what they do, and the second seems to always be "t" when it's on, and "f" when it's off), I think it's a pretty good bet. :)

I could always be way off base, in other words. :p

Brian the Fist
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Yup that is correct. Actually the command line interface is a result of our using the NCBI toolkit. If it were up to me I'd just leave out the t's and f's remove the requirement of spaces and -'s with each option, but it is too convenent to use NCBI's argument parsing interface :)