PDA

View Full Version : Previous Generation Missing

IronBits
07-01-2003, 09:49 PM
I'm still having difficulty getting these old WUs off my computer because of the "Previous Generation Missing" then it carries on cacheing more work.
I have stopped this client and renamed the directory and started with a fresh install until we find a fix.

small_furry_spider
07-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Well, I now have more than a few directories for folding due to this.... but I guess the guys on the project and working to fix it as soon as they can. Still, it makes me want to :trash:

Grumpy
07-11-2003, 06:12 AM
You will not believe this, a member of our Team got this error, and had a look in his recyle bin. There was a file with the same name as what was missing. Recovered it and presto, the buuffered files uploaded and it carried on folding :bs:

Go figure :rotfl:

[DPC]Mobster
07-11-2003, 08:37 AM
OK. That's strange. The obvious question (with an obvious answer) is: Did he delete it himself or was it caused by a piece of software (client or something else).

Still plenty of people are having this problem so...

Grumpy
07-11-2003, 03:26 PM
It seems the deletion was done by the Client...he is emailing me his error log soon I hope so I can post for all to wonder at :p

[DPC]Mobster
07-15-2003, 07:44 AM
First I had this problem due to the fact that I had buffered to many structures. What I did was this.

I reinstalled the client, copied my handle in it. Then I cut/paste all files relating to the second run and copied my filelist. In the new directory I removed all lines relating the first run and this wat I was able to upload 187 generation :smoking:

Still I'm stuck with gen 104-250 of my first run and after editting the filelist.txt I too receive the previous generation missing error...

When I sort my files by date I first see a file relating to gen 105, then one to 104 and then two to 105 followed by three to 106, 107, 108 etc.

:help: