PDA

View Full Version : Error problem

yellowfin
07-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Here is the error log, it have been happening the whole day yesterday. The computer keep hanging.

========================[ Jul 4, 2003 9:39 AM ]========================
ERROR: [777.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1173} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed SOCK_gethostbyname(www.distributedfolding.org)
ERROR: [777.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} Socket connect to [url]www.distributedfolding.org:80 failed: Unknown
ERROR: [777.000] {ncbi_http_connector.c, line 244} [HTTP] Error writing body at offset 8192
ERROR: [777.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1258} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed pending connect to www.distributedfolding.org:80 (Unknown) {errno=No such file or directory}
ERROR: [777.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} Socket connect to [url]www.distributedfolding.org:80 failed: Unknown

I have try delete the whole distributing folder and reinstall it but the problem still exist. This is on a P4 cpu and Abit 875 motherboard. OS is winxp pro.

I have another computer using AMD with nforce2 motherboard running winXP home. Both the computers are using sygate firewall. The AMD computer have no such problem.

Can anyone help.

Stardragon
07-07-2003, 01:48 PM
The SOCK errors are apeearing because you are not connected to the internet. Were you able to upload with the -ut flag while being connected?

yellowfin
07-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Stardragon
The SOCK errors are apeearing because you are not connected to the internet. Were you able to upload with the -ut flag while being connected?

Somehow or rather I have to reinstall the program and make it not to have internet access.

And also change the firewall from sygate to zonealarm pro.

Now I have to do manual upload then it can work.

MAB
05-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by yellowfin
Somehow or rather I have to reinstall the program and make it not to have internet access.

And also change the firewall from sygate to zonealarm pro.

Now I have to do manual upload then it can work.

But Sygate is much saver to use.
Have the same problem with Sygate. Cannot login to see my score.
Not with ZA Pro.
Why :confused: :confused: :confused: