PDA

View Full Version : Not as high up as the race the-mk posted, but . . .

Jammy
07-17-2003, 04:04 PM
I am trying to catchup/pass starkebn but he seems to be a match for me, lol:

http://members.arstechnica.com/subscriptors/x/jamilla/graph-df.gif

Jammy

the-mk
07-17-2003, 04:23 PM
I know that wirthi and starkebn had in phase 1 such a position changing :D

But now it's a little more random because of the time a generation takes to calculate...

Throw in some iron to show him/her who's the boss :D

:thumbs:

:cheers:

Jammy
07-17-2003, 05:12 PM
yeh . . .but I have to shut down my boxes during parts of the day when it gets too hot (we are having sprinkles now and heat here in San Diego) and I turn off two of my boxes at night to keep my electricity bill down . . .it is expensice here in So Cal). That and I run Seti on two of the boxes every other day for about 6 WU's worth because I want to make the top 99% before Seti ends.

Gosh .. .this is hard, but I know that I can do it. I have one other box sitting and waiting . . .I think the ethernet card is shot (and it is only four months old). I guess I need to fix her up quick!

Jammy

Originally posted by the-mk
I know that wirthi and starkebn had in phase 1 such a position changing :D

But now it's a little more random because of the time a generation takes to calculate...

Throw in some iron to show him/her who's the boss :D

:thumbs:

:cheers:

magicfan241
07-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Jammy: I can lend you a IBM model 50! Comp[lete with 30 MEG hard drive, 3 MB of ram, and dual floppy drives.... That'll be some iron...

Of course, the big drug company that my dad works for, now uses all spare computing time for all computers in the office, so, I can't borg like we once did during seti. that was fun. But I put on a steady 2 Ghz, and see If I can catch you here. Just for fun. I'm broke...

Jammy
07-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Uh . . this is the box that is sitting and waiting to be fixed . . .I tried posting it this morning but for some reason it would not upload.

Jammy

Jammy
07-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey magicfan, lol . . .how are you gonna lend it to me? All help is truly appreciated! But besides that . . .I will race ya . . .heck . . .I will race anybody actually . . .

Jammy :crazy:

Originally posted by magicfan241
Jammy: I can lend you a IBM model 50! Comp[lete with 30 MEG hard drive, 3 MB of ram, and dual floppy drives.... That'll be some iron...

Moogie
07-17-2003, 10:24 PM
You go girl!!! You are doing awesome! I know what you mean about the price of electricity in Cali...eeeks!!!! It's gone nuts!!

Jammy
07-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Thanks Moogie for the encouragement! It has really been a long time since I have really hung out and read the many posts at this forum. I have found myself to have become very disconnected with the majority of DC teams because gauntlets and such seem to have a negative effect on me after awhile when I find that because of $$$ I cannot keep up any longer.

Either it is the weather or utility bills that have affected when and how i run my PCs nowadays. Gone are those tranquil days when I just woke up in the morning and turned on my computer (one) to chck my email and dabble with websites.

It is now GO, GO, and more GO! Sometimes I just want to turn off all htree of my boxes (fourth is still on the floor of the back bedroom). I just can't seem to get motivated any longer . . .I love everybody here but can't seem to get myself able to interact any longer . . .

Are these the signs of a burnout? :confused:

Jammy

Originally posted by Moogie
You go girl!!! You are doing awesome! I know what you mean about the price of electricity in Cali...eeeks!!!! It's gone nuts!!

magicfan241
07-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Yep, jammy you are hivng a burnout.

Just let me borrow all your boxen, and it will be all better for you.

Take yoga, and long hikes. Relax, annd listen to relaxation tapes. After a couple of days, come back, and see that I have taunted you into nothing-ness. That'll give you some motivation.... :Pokes:

Jammy
07-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Yay! I just put in the new NIC and the 750Athlon Classic is up and running again!
Now to try out DF on it. I know that a 750 MHz is not that fast but it has 512 megs of PC133 and this box was my stable work-horse a couple of years ago and it ran Seti 24/7 back then.

I dunno . . .I love this old box . . .but later next month I am seriously thinking about upgrading the old T-Bird to a XP 2500 Barton and the XP 2600 to an XP 3000 or 3200.

The pic is of the 750.

Jammy
07-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Gosh this is fun fooling around with the now slow-ass box, lol. Here is it's first benchmark:

------------------------------------------------------------
Distributed Folding Windows dfGUI v3.1 Benchmark

Current Generation: 0
Sample Size : 1082 structures over 4462 seconds.
Protein Size: 96AA

Structures Per Hour : 873
Structures Per Day : 20951

CPU: AuthenticAMD x86 Family 6 Model 2 Stepping 1
Client Switches: -rt -g 5 -p 20

Dang . .. it has been on its first generation for over two hours now, lol, but every bit helps the cause!

P.S. !Uh . . .this benchmarked is awfully skewed! Please pardon the fact that the MHz is not showing. I put Win98 SE on the 750 cuz my youngest daughter likes it and thinks W2K is too hard to follow. :neener:

magicfan241
07-18-2003, 08:37 PM
My Mhz rating don't show on my Win 98 box too:

It's a XP 2000+ box:

Distributed Folding Windows dfGUI v3.0 Benchmark

Current Generation: 174
Sample Size : 20 structures over 467 seconds.

Structures Per Hour : 166
Structures Per Day : 3972

CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm)
Client Switches: -qt -rt

Faster than all your boxen!!!

Jammy
07-18-2003, 09:08 PM
I really doubt if yours is faster than "all" of my boxes magicfan! I have an XP 2600, and XP 1900 running as an XP 2000, and of course, my 1.33 @1458 "slightly" OC'd T-Bird. Yeh . . .it may be faster than my T-Bird magicfan!

Uh . . .my old 750 box is one that I gave to my youngest daughter and I had to reformat it and install a new NIC. She wanted Win 98 SE so that is what I put on the box. W2K is my OS of choice.

Jammy

BTW >>> I will post benchmarks from my two AMD XP's as soon as I can get a large enough sample.

My Mhz rating don't show on my Win 98 box too:

It's a XP 2000+ box:

Faster than all your boxen!!!

magicfan241
07-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Look at my tag. Think about what you said. Look at my tag again.

On a completely un-related note: What is reality? What is the truth?

Why does the local ice cream chop sell the ice cream in ounces??

Why does my production go down when I am ripping a CD, while playing MP3's and posting on this forum?? It makes no sense at all....

I am working on the pictures of my all mighty farm...

Jammy
07-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Here ya go . . .the one from my XP 2600 was while I was watching a Stargate SG1 DVD:

Distributed Folding Windows dfGUI v3.01 Benchmark

Current Generation: 42
Sample Size : 35 structures over 289 seconds.

Structures Per Hour : 649
Structures Per Day : 15588

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
Client Switches: -rt

and now let me see if my XP 1900 (it is OC'd) has benchmarked enough:

Distributed Folding Windows dfGUI v3.01 Benchmark

Current Generation: 129
Sample Size : 16 structures over 213 seconds.

Structures Per Hour : 282
Structures Per Day : 6776

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+

OK . . .now the T-Bird:

Current Generation: 200
Sample Size : 24 structures over 1365 seconds.

Structures Per Hour : 64
Structures Per Day : 1536

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
Client Switches: -rt -g 2 -p 15

So are they faster? BTW >>> The T-Bird was benched at stock speed.

Question: I have tried and tried to do a long benchmark, say overnight, and I can't get this new dfGUI 3.1 to benchmark that long!

Jammy

Faster than all your boxen!!! [/B]

Jammy
07-18-2003, 11:32 PM
magicfan:

Here is my second benchmark and it seems that Win 98 benchmarks much easier than W2K for some reason:

Current Generation: 0
Sample Size : 726 structures over 1637 seconds.

Structures Per Hour : 1597
Structures Per Day : 38318

CPU: Authentic Classic AMD x86 Family 6 Model 2 Stepping 1
Client Switches: -rt -g 5 -p 20

Can anybody tell me why this measly 750 Athlon gets such high amounts of structures? It has been running DF now for nearly eight hours and it still is on generation "0" ( I never heard of generation 0 before, but it does now have one generation buffered. But this 750 seems to get higher benchmarks than my two AMD XP's! Is lower better???

Jammy

Dang . .. it has been on its first generation for over two hours now, lol, but every bit helps the cause!

P.S. !Uh . . .this benchmarked is awfully skewed! Please pardon the fact that the MHz is not showing. I put Win98 SE on the 750 cuz my youngest daughter likes it and thinks W2K is too hard to follow. :neener:

the-mk
07-19-2003, 04:26 AM
Oh my god! Stop throwing in more boxen! :swear:

I can see you in my rear view mirror! You are far away, but I can see you...

Next threat: NiNeball9... only 800 points behind me :scared: I've got no more firepower to keep him behind me :cry:

Jammy
07-19-2003, 04:54 AM
lol . . .don't worry the-mk! It will be a long long time before I ever get too close to you.

Jammy

Originally posted by the-mk
Oh my god! Stop throwing in more boxen! :swear:

I can see you in my rear view mirror! You are far away, but I can see you...