PDA

View Full Version : Unable to fetch Biostruc (when uploading?)

wirthi
07-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I just started (distributed)folding again with the new client. At the end of the first Generation (#0) presumably when trying to upload the following error is displayed (visibly, even though the client is in "quiet mode"):

-02A750E0-
-02A4B198-
-029D7A80-
[NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [000.000] File yj7fezwp_0_protein_0004592.val is c
orrupt; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filel
ist.txt
Hit Return

The error.log reads:
========================[ Jul 23, 2003 7:45 PM ]========================
ERROR: [003.001] {extaaseq.c, line 991} Unable to fetch Biostruc yj7fezwp_0_protein_0004592.val
FATAL ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 3488} File yj7fezwp_0_protein_0004592.val is corrupt; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filelist.txt

Progress.txt:
Building structure 9996 generation 0
4 until next generation
1 generations buffered
Best Energy so far: 47.812

(dfGUI displays "Structures completed: 10001; Strucutes remaining: 4"; don't know if that's related, but 10005 structures seem strange to me, even 10001 is too much).

Seems I have to continue to use d.net OGR for a(nother) while ...

Hope this helps to eradicate the error,
Wirthi

Jammy
07-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Hey there wirthi! Sorry that you too are having problems, most worthy team mate! That is the same error all three of my boxes have been getting when they complete generation "0" and try to download the next generation! Go see: http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3678 for my posts there.

Jammy

p.s I have already started Seti until they get the client properly fixed!

Originally posted by wirthi
Hi,

I just started (distributed)folding again with the new client. At the end of the first Generation (#0) presumably when trying to upload the following error is displayed (visibly, even though the client is in "quiet mode"):

-02A750E0-
-02A4B198-
-029D7A80-
[NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [000.000] File yj7fezwp_0_protein_0004592.val is c
orrupt; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filel
ist.txt
Hit Return

wirthi
07-23-2003, 04:35 PM
I was fully motivated to fight team rank #33 back. Let's hope at least my 2nd computer (slightly slower though) will continue folding. I'll see in a minute when he reaches 10000 structs ....

If not, I guess you'll stay in front of me for a while.

And while writing this, it happend: second client refuses to fold, same bug. So, the next hard decision this evening is: seventeenorbust or OGR ?

Greets,
Wirthi

Paratima
07-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Delete filelist.txt & try again. :eek:

wirthi
07-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Thanks Paratima, I know.

But getting the same error on two different machines (and that's all I have fast enough to run distributedfolding) and so losing it's buffer is NO good start.

I stopped using the phase 2 client after I lost the buffer several times due to different bugs. When publishing this update I wanted to give the project another chance.

I will continue folding when there is a client that is able to run on my computers (P4, 1.5 and 2.2 Ghz, 512 MB Ram each, Win XP Pro and Home - I guess that's a common environment). Till then: OGR.

Jammy
07-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey wirthi . . .are you having any luck today? I have already tried five times with two different browsers to download the file and I keep getting one with a foldtrajlite.exe file size of 2.88!

Can't someone send me a "good" zipped file? I keep downloading dud's of distribfold-current-win9x.zip.

BTW >>> I do not run win9x but windows 2000!.

Jammy

IronBits
07-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Just for you - this one time
www.dbestern.com/foldtrajlite.exe

Jammy
07-24-2003, 10:44 AM
I luv ya IronBits! But is that "just" foldtrajlite.exe or the whole download? It looks like it is just the client itself and I need the "whole" untarnished download.

Jammy

Originally posted by IronBits

wirthi
07-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Hi,

as I've just written in another thread: I think you can use the client as available on the homepage (you already got it) with just the the one supplement exe file Ironbits offers. Should work, seems to work for IronBits and others that testet it; I haven't tested it, I'll give the whole client a bit more time to get mature ...

Jammy
07-24-2003, 11:07 AM
If you put it that way, I do not want to be a guinea pig and "test" it either! Howard said yesterday that "new" downloads of the client from the webpage "after" 1 p.m. eastern would be OK.

I agree with you and I do not want to run the client until it has been "thoroughly" tested and its bugs worked out! After all, we are not guinea pigs and this project is not supposed to be running beta software but a fully mature and tested program with NO bugs! I do not consider myself as a newbie when it comes to running a DC project and I should not have to be going through all of these changes! If Howard wants my cycles he needs to provide a client that works!

So I guess it will be quite a while before I will be able to contribute to our team (Free-DC) wirthi! I just wonder how many other teams have been crippled becuase of the lousy new client?

Jammy

Hi,

as I've just written in another thread: I think you can use the client as available on the homepage (you already got it) with just the the one supplement exe file Ironbits offers. Should work, seems to work for IronBits and others that testet it; I haven't tested it, I'll give the whole client a bit more time to get mature ...

Jammy
07-24-2003, 11:46 AM
This is weird! I got the email notice of the post by IronBits nearly an hour after I had already answered his post at the forum (I was already there!)!

Are emailed replies that slow coming?

Jammy

Originally posted by IronBits

wirthi
07-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Jammy
I agree with you and I do not want to run the client until it has been "thoroughly" tested and its bugs worked out! After all, we are not guinea pigs and this project is not supposed to be running beta software but a fully mature and tested program with NO bugs! I do not consider myself as a newbie when it comes to running a DC project and I should not have to be going through all of these changes! If Howard wants my cycles he needs to provide a client that works!
Hmm .. yea, I can agree to that. There has been a long beta phase (I didn't take part in because I was running other projects at that time, SoB, DPAD, OGR). I've lost many points due to bugs in the previous version. With this update I had hoped to get a better version - and this one was not even able to complete the first generation.

DF is still my favourite project at this time. It just got no working client yet. Give Howard one ore two (days, weeks, months) time and he'll solve the problems. Then I'll input some firepower again ...

Jammy
07-24-2003, 12:02 PM
he he :lmao: :jester: :lmao: :jester: :lmao: :jester:

Jammy

Give Howard one ore two (days, weeks, months) time and he'll solve the problems. Then I'll input some firepower again ...

:jester: