PDA

View Full Version : BATCH INSTALL FOR WINDOWS

RexNoctis
07-25-2003, 08:35 AM
Hi all,

Only recently started this project, never been into DC'ing much unless I can get access to a few machines.

I've recently started work at a hospital so lots of opportunities:-)

Problem is, I installed the client onto two computers yesterday, both as services so the little 17 doesn't show up. I have had to connect them to port 22 to get through our firewall. Yesterday, both machines could connect and were reporting data, now neither can.

Is this a server problem, or something to do with the way I installed the service. Both machines are Win2000.

On a second note, is there any way of automating the intallation as a service because that would open up a whole load more boxes to me.

Thanks,

Rex.

jjjjL
07-26-2003, 02:04 PM
I don't know of any server issues. Is the problem still continuing? It seems strange that it worked before and not now.

As for automating the installation, you could probably make a .reg file with all the keys in HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob, and then copy the SB folder, and run the service install once.

PUT THIS IN A .BAT file:
------------------------------------------
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\cache
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\cache /v cache /t REG_DWORD /d 0
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v max_log_size /t REG_DWORD /d 0
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v max_rep_retries /t REG_DWORD /d 0
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v max_retries /t REG_DWORD /d 0
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v priority /t REG_DWORD /d 4
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v retry_wait /t REG_DWORD /d 1200
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v serv_port /t REG_DWORD /d 22
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v special_handling /t REG_DWORD /d 0
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v transmit /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v dir /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files\SB"
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v logfile /t REG_SZ /d "sb.log"
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v serv_addr /t REG_SZ /d "sbp.pns.net"
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v team /t REG_SZ /d ""
reg add HKLM\Software\LhDn\sob\config /v username /t REG_SZ /d "RexNoctis"
mkdir C:\Progra~1\SB
copy * C:\Progra~1\SB
cd C:\Progra~1\SB
sobsvc -i

This code assumes that you have this batch file on a floppy or in a directory with all the exe files in the SB directory. If you aren't using NT/2k/XP, you need to change the last line to "sobsvc95 -i". Also, anyone else using this should make sure to change the username. This code also assumes you want to use the proxy on port 22. You can change the server address back to sb.pns.net and port 1717 if you don't need that.

So copy the SB folder onto a disk with this batch file and let me know how it works out. BTW, I'm changing the name of the thread to let others know I'm posting this.

-Louie

RexNoctis
07-26-2003, 03:21 PM
That looks ideal, I'll try it out on Monday when I get back to work. I'll also check to see what's connecting and what isn't. I know the PC I use at work won't 'cos it's on a temporary hub that gets switched off :(

I'm house sitting for some people this week, sob already installed on their P4 2.6Ghz PC. Only dialup though, bit annoying.

Thanks for the help Louie :cheers: