PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off by eBay

CodeMonkey
07-29-2003, 03:32 PM
Well, just got ripped off to the tune of about 2 grand on ebay. Bought lots of comps at "too good to be true" prices. The seller (a titanium power seller who had a three year long, excellent sales record with over 10,000 positive feedbacks) evidentally posted thousands of auctions, collected the money for them from the winning bidders, and then declared bankruptcy.....

Why did I just KNOW that I shouldn't have paid for the other 9 computers until I had at least received the first one that I ordered, but do it anyway???????

Caveat Emptor....

Fozzie
07-29-2003, 03:41 PM
by credit card??

You should be protected if you did.

CodeMonkey
07-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Yes - although the question remains about what the credit card company will do about the entire situation... Doesn't look very promising at this point...

Chinasaur
07-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Aiiieee!!!! Ho Craptola!!!!!!

My condolences...

/me cries for all the lost structures that will now never come into the world....:cry:

And for your bank account brother :(

"Somebody git a rope!!!" :swear:

Fozzie
07-29-2003, 03:56 PM
If you have been with your CCard company for a while they are usually a bit more "on your side".

Push them on their stance on Internet fraud.

GHOST
07-29-2003, 04:11 PM
sorry to hear that codemonkey.

i did put trust in that power seller / positive feedback too. i once ordered something from a years old company that went out of business right after i sent a check. thought i would have done better if i used credit card.

hope you get some protection from credit company!