03-12-2002, 02:43 PM
im starting a team... i would like u to join FoBoT

Richard Clyne
03-12-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mr_mann
we should start a FREE_DC gauntlet!
we will need to pick teams! i think two teams will do! :D

:cool: idea. Agree two teams should do.

Who will volunteer to captain the other team.

How about a team name.

You can count me in on this, but I have yet to decide who will get my support:)

mr_mann
03-12-2002, 03:07 PM
well i my self thing that richard and i should be on different teams because we produce so much..

Alpha_7
03-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Agreeded, maybe Richard and Mr Mann can both be nominated as captains..

anyone else want to be nominated, others cast your vote for them.

Richard Clyne
03-12-2002, 03:34 PM
well i my self thing that richard and i should be on different teams because we produce so much..

I could go along with that.

If we get enough interest then team threads will need to be set up so members can sign up etc. Also a main gauntlet thread for general info like rules, start/end dates, team lists, taunting of the opposition etc. etc.

Of course not forgetting the gauntlet stats page.:)

I am not wanting to force anyone into taking up leader of your opposition, but how about Alpha_7. Are u up for the job.:D

Alpha_7
03-12-2002, 03:44 PM
um.. (blush) I didn't see myself has a captain, but rather a rallier of the troops, and spreader of propaganda. Like I said in the other thread I'm rather busy with uni, but I'm a little interested.

I'd (personally) rather See captains of Mr Mann and Richard.

that way both teams have a respected and experience seti cruncher as the helm.

mr_mann
03-12-2002, 03:45 PM
i think i shall call my team

TEAM JSI

Richard Clyne
03-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Alpha_7
um.. (blush) I didn't see myself has a captain, but rather a rallier of the troops, and spreader of propaganda. Like I said in the other thread I'm rather busy with uni, but I'm a little interested.

I'm (personally) rather See captains of Mr Mann and Richard.

that way both teams have a respected and experience seti cruncher as the helm.

Alright I can go with this, if I can sign you up as my first member alpha_7.:)

Alpha_7
03-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the offer, and I gladly accept :)

Alpha_7
03-12-2002, 04:01 PM
I'll make a proxy vote for Neonblack, hes just leaving so can't visit the site.. but he'll join richard and I...

I have to go now too.. (uni) but I'll visit later and see how things develop.

Cheers,
Alpha_7

Richard Clyne
03-12-2002, 04:03 PM
It looks as if we have a gauntlet on our hands.:D

Will need to think of a team name.

Richard Clyne
03-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Our team name will be

TEAM JUST BRING IT (you can't guess what I waste my time watching:D )

So it is set in stone. The recruitment begins...:)

mr_mann, just a couple of suggestions to start of with.

1) Each team has it own thread for recruitment, beer swilling etc.

2) This thread will the general gauntlet thread for general banter, decision making etc.

3) Team members must sign up in relevant team thread.

4) Team members must be member of Free-DC SETI team to be eligible to take part.

5) How do you feel about asking DP to produce stats page for guantlet.

We can decide later start date and duration later.

Let me know how you feel about the above.

Richard Clyne
03-12-2002, 06:52 PM
A brief outline what is involved in a gauntlet.

two or more teams fight (crunch) it out over an agreed period of time to see wich team can crunch the most units.

To the victor the spoils are knowing that you stomped all over your opponents.

To the loosing team(s) knowing you are the weakest link, good bye...

All the units you crunch during the gauntlet will still be credited to your individual account, it is only amount of units per day that we are interested in.

If you have any further questions then post them in this thread.

DarkStar
03-12-2002, 09:08 PM
And ... just in the interest of being brief and to the point ... to the team captains/members ... why should I join *YOUR* team instead of "those other guys"?

Extra points awarded for originality and proper spelling .... ;)

mr_mann
03-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Well my reason for inviting you to Team JSI is well frankly so we can WHOOP some butt! heck yea! well enough about that.. come join TEAM JSI we want you!

sorry nothing long just straight to the point!

Richard Clyne
03-13-2002, 04:00 AM
Okay DarkStar, here goes my sale pitch.

Our team will offer virtual beer along with virtual dancing girls.

Virtual bribes will be paid on demand.:D

Of course joining Team Just Bring It will ensure that you are on a winning team.

So DarkStar, nip long to Team Just Bring It's thread sign up nd grab yourself a beer out of the cool box.:)

Alpha_7
03-13-2002, 04:18 AM
Classy-E,
sounds like Just Bring it is where its at :)

whoooohoooo :)

Richard Clyne
03-13-2002, 10:34 AM
mr_mann,

Things are starting to take shape. We need to set a start date. I think the 29th March would give most people a chance to join (plus time to add more fire power:D ).

Also the gauntlet duration will need to be set. My personal feelings is two weeks will be long enough. Any longer and it can get a bit drawn out. Shorter and it does not give the losing team enough time to implement some dirty tricks:) .

Any views on the above appreciated.

Oh, before I forget we need stats, what about DP (oky I know he is in Tem Just Bring It), he can be trusted, unless we start loosing;) , or would you prefer to see if a neutral would help us out.

IronBits
03-13-2002, 10:42 AM
March 29th is also Pointwood's birthday! :D
Be sure to let me know when the date/time is firmed up and I'll update our calendar, you know, the one up there at the top that says "user cp" "regisiter" "calendar" ;)
I think it would be interesting if you both teamed up and went after Relic and his mob, when you finish this one. :)

Richard Clyne
03-13-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by IronBits
March 29th is also Pointwood's birthday! :D
Be sure to let me know when the date/time is firmed up and I'll update our calendar, you know, the one up there at the top that says "user cp" "regisiter" "calendar" ;)
I think it would be interesting if you both teamed up and went after Relic and his mob, when you finish this one. :)

Who knows how many will survive this battle:D

mr_mann
03-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Well i guess im goin to have to start saving up for a big one :D

DarkStar
03-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Great pitches - it makes the choice even more difficult! You do realize, of course, that the simple fact of my joining either team will ensure victory for the other team ... or at least that's been my track record to date.

Hmm ... perhaps I should solicit bribes to not join! ;)

mr_mann
03-13-2002, 11:13 PM
stop playin stop playin... really WE NEEED you!! like seriously!

Richard Clyne
03-14-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by DarkStar
Great pitches - it makes the choice even more difficult! You do realize, of course, that the simple fact of my joining either team will ensure victory for the other team ... or at least that's been my track record to date.

Hmm ... perhaps I should solicit bribes to not join! ;)

We at Team Just Bring It are willing to accept you into our fold and make you a winner this time.:)

Richard Clyne
03-14-2002, 08:19 AM
It seems no one is objecting to the gaunlet starting on the 29th March and lasting for two weeks.We will need to agree a time on the 29th to baseline the wu totals for each participant. We can leave this decision until we get someone to do our gauntlet stats page.

DP have you time to do produce a stats page for the duration of the gauntlet?

Stash or not to stash that is the question. From some posts I have noticed that some people are going to stash completed wu's until gauntlet time.

In gauntlets I have been involved in the past it was agreed to start the gauntlet with empty caches. This means there is no unfare advantage to people who signed up early on. How does everyone else feel.

Alpha_7
03-14-2002, 08:26 AM
I think having empty stashes is the fairest,
but until its clear which way the gaunlet will be run, I will not be sending in units...

It depends on how trusting everyone is? I believe everyone here is just in it for the fun and friendly competition, so theres no real reason that I know of not, to start with empty caches.
Unless some people dont have full control of all their boxen.

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-14-2002, 08:43 AM
hmmm.....i don't get this :confused: what happens if ya half way through wu when the gauntlet starts?

Alpha_7
03-14-2002, 09:06 AM
I doubt that would count...

but Its my first Team Gauntlet..

so I guess the more experienced can fill us in..

still early days people :)

Relax and stay calm!

Darkness Productions
03-14-2002, 09:38 AM
I could get some stats going (might take me a bit with the way RL is going...), but yeah. SHouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also, in Sub-Team gauntlets of the past, the general terms were that you didn't cache up any extra WUs to dump at the start. Also, if the teams were within 5% of each other at the finish, then it is considered a tie.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Richard Clyne
It seems no one is objecting to the gaunlet starting on the 29th March and lasting for two weeks.We will need to agree a time on the 29th to baseline the wu totals for each participant. We can leave this decision until we get someone to do our gauntlet stats page.

DP have you time to do produce a stats page for the duration of the gauntlet?

Stash or not to stash that is the question. From some posts I have noticed that some people are going to stash completed wu's until gauntlet time.

In gauntlets I have been involved in the past it was agreed to start the gauntlet with empty caches. This means there is no unfare advantage to people who signed up early on. How does everyone else feel.

Richard Clyne
03-14-2002, 10:29 AM
Agree DP, my vote goes for no secret stashes of stored wu's and a 5% margin to be declared winning team.

FoBoT
03-14-2002, 06:02 PM
im starting a team... i would like u to join FoBoT

ok, i'm your man, mr mann :D

Richard Clyne
03-15-2002, 02:53 PM
Just having a quick look at the membership totals. We have 39 members of which I reckon 24 are classed as active.

Both teams have 6 players each, so there are another 12 possible recruits.

Still plenty of crunching power up for grabs.

So hopefully some of the newer members might want to get involved.:)

Still two weeks of recruiting & hardware upgrading to go.:D

Richard Clyne
03-16-2002, 12:02 PM
First the "empty cache" suggestion is not a rule but a suggestion based on experiences from participating in other gauntlets.

If a team member for a legit reason can not empty a cache prior to the start of the gauntlet then we have to accept that. There are many reasons why this can not be done.

The good thing about our gaunlet is that we can make up the rules to suit the way we want to run it.

If the majority are happy to allow stashing before the start of the gauntlet, then thats fine. This thread is for the discussion of rules etc.

It is appreciated to post a reply to suggestions, even it is just to say "Yes, I agree" or "No, go an get a life" :).

I know we don't want a lot of rules as this gauntlet is for fun, but we need some guidlines. Normaly teams will discuss suggestions and team captains will agree to impliment or not.

On the lighter side of things, stashing during the gauntlet for a big dump at the end can be interesting, especialy if you have managed to add extra crunching power prior to the start of the gauntlet. Nobody will suspect.:D

Alpha_7
03-17-2002, 04:52 AM
Well I was keen for stashes before..
but I think to make it a fairer race, then it should be No stashing before hand.. but its a loose guidline not a hard n fast rule..

what does everyone else think ?

IronBits
03-17-2002, 05:19 AM
I think it is all fun and games. Too much seriousness is bad.
Get ready to rumbled :D
Oh, and might wanna check the Forum Calendar to make sure I have the start and stop dates correct ;)

Richard Clyne
03-17-2002, 07:17 AM
IB, start date fine. end date will be the 12th April. Exact start & end time still to be set. Will need to check with DP as he is doing the stats for us.

Richard Clyne
03-20-2002, 05:30 AM
Nine days to the start of the first Free-DC SETI Gauntlet.

To date 13 members have signed up between the two sub-teams. With the fire power slightly in Team Just Bring It's favour:D

Don't panic yet. I reckon there is 23 active members in the main team. Plenty of Ghz up for grabs. Darkstar has yet to commit himself, and his WU contribution would certainly be a boost for either team.

Still plenty time to sign up your neighbours, mums, dads, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, and even your gran if she has a PC:) (That's if Berkeley can stay up and running long enough).

Remeber Gauntlet starts 29th March and ends 12th April. Exact time to be determined.

So for all that have signed up get tweaking, upgrading, anthing to squeeze those extra mhz out of your machine(s).:)

For those of you have not pledged your last drop of blood to one of the teams then don't delay sign up today. Just nipe along to either Team JSI or Team Just Bring It's thread.

Lets not forget, have fun:D :D

Darkness Productions
03-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Well, at the rate Berkeley is going, we might not have stats for this gauntlet... The CGI's might be back up by then, who knows. If they're not, we can all use one of the SetiQueue's to monitor the stats. That may be the only way to do it. We'll see tho.

Richard Clyne
03-20-2002, 10:42 AM
:eek: and double :eek: , hopefully not DP.

Berkeley get your act together.:mad:

btw DP, I am taking orders for beer and scooby snacks over on the Team Just Bring It thread. Get your order in fast to avoid disappointment.:D

Alpha_7
03-20-2002, 03:33 PM
If they're not, we can all use one of the SetiQueue's to monitor the stats.

Hope it doesn't come to this...

Please Berkeley fix it up :)

Alpha_7
03-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Berkeley is back up for the momentm Sign Up Newbies Now!! :)

mr_mann
03-20-2002, 06:26 PM
i wish my server would stay up :D

Alpha_7
03-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Why whats wrong with it mr mann ?

Hows the boxen collection ? ready for the gauntlet ?

mr_mann
03-21-2002, 11:14 AM
well ever since my dad added the new firewall we have had problems keepin it from being able to be seen from the outside..

but neways i think i got

p3 550
p3 700
p2 300
p4 1800
p4 1500

thats it for right now :D

Alpha_7
03-21-2002, 04:26 PM
Maybe you should put a setiQ (small on) on the machine that can see thru the firewall reliably, or even on the machine that has the firewall.. so the others can just connect to it internally ?

Darkness Productions
03-22-2002, 07:42 AM
Ok, Berkeley is back up, and allowing CGI access. This means that I am gathering stats... :)

This also means that the gauntlet will have stats. I am in the process of working on them, making sure that they work, etc. They won't be the grand mal stats like I have for the entire team currently, only because I am too lazy. They will be simple stats that show username, and production for each day of the gauntlet. They will show total user production for the gauntlet, as well as (I hope) team production for each day.

I will keep you all informed.

Richard Clyne
03-22-2002, 09:01 AM
DP,

Could post in this thread what time & time zone you plan to pull the starting positions, and also the time you plan to pull the last set of figures at the end of the gaunlet.

Cheers.

Darkness Productions
03-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Sure thing. The gauntlet stats will run at the same time as the normal SETI stats will. They will update and start on the 29th at 12:15:00 pm EST. Data is pulled at 12:00:00 pm EST (Noon). The gauntlet will be officially over 14 days from then, at Noon as well. The winner will be declared then.

Richard Clyne
03-22-2002, 09:36 AM
Thanks DP.

No excuses for anyone missing that sneaky end of gauntlet dump. :) Remember that time is EST so adjust for local time zone. :)

:eek: I've just realised that on Sunday 30th the UK time goes from GMT to BST. Oh'no thats a whole hour less of processing time.:eek:

Mental note - Must put that down in the book of excuses incase we loose this gauntlet.:D

Darkness Productions
03-22-2002, 10:55 AM
EST will also drop back an hour. I don't remember when it is, but I'm thinking it's sometime before the gauntlet starts. I might be wrong tho. If not, then yes, that's 1 hour less of production.

Richard Clyne
03-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Sorry that should be Sun 31st not the 30th:o

Alpha_7
03-22-2002, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the Work DP!
your a champ!

Darkness Productions
03-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Stats will begin being updated everyday, but there won't actually be any information posted to the page until the gauntlet starts. You can find the stats here: http://gms8994.dyndns.org/stats/seti/gauntlet/

Please take a look and let me know if someone hasn't been added. Also, to let everyone know ahead of time.

If someone dcecides to join the gauntlet after it begins, it will not cause a problem. However, their WUs will NOT be backlogged to the beginning of the gauntlet. They will be added on the day that they join the gauntlet.

Also, if that person joins after the stats have run for that day, they will be considered to have joined for the next stats update.

I will not be forcing a stats update so that people can see themselves on the day that they joined.

Any questions?

Darkness Productions
03-23-2002, 12:13 PM
I have added both Ponky, DarkStar and gopher. Make sure to keep those team rosters updated, so I can get thim in.

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-23-2002, 01:35 PM
i've changed my mind i wanna be in the Gauntlet

Darkness Productions
03-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Ok. Good thing I just commented you out :) You're back in, and I'm not gonna take you out again, so :P

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-23-2002, 03:39 PM
my name is Papa Shango on the seti stats if ya didn't know already :)

Alpha_7
03-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Glad your back in it Papa :)
Good Luck to you and everyone :)

I'm still struggling to get my boxen up and running..

running out of time..

mr_mann
03-24-2002, 08:30 PM
i think this gauntlet is a good thing for free-dc :D

welcome back papa :D

Alpha_7
03-25-2002, 01:41 AM
Its definitely generated some interest :) And possible pulled a few old time seti'ers back towards the addiction :)

We have to get as many people hooked as we can :D

Richard Clyne
03-25-2002, 06:49 AM
Got agree with both of you mr_mann &alph_7. This gauntlet has been good for the team.

In my opinion mr_mann, your suggestion came along at the right time. Things were getting a bit stale.:)

We have seen new users, existing users upgrading existing kit and adding new kit.

We might not keep all of this addition power at the end of the gauntlet, but as long we can keep the majority then the gauntlet has achived it's job.:cool:

If Free-DC was not involved so heavyly in other DC projects then we could have had some of the "old boys" involved. Maybe next time :D .

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-25-2002, 08:05 AM
i ain't been added to team JSI yet! :(

mr_mann
03-25-2002, 08:16 AM
man if dyy[tab] and colin and them would get into this we would have one heck of a match :D

dont worry papa he will add ya :D

Alpha_7
03-25-2002, 08:26 AM
I think Colin and dyy are both permantently retired from Seti..

but your right.. would be very interesting... :P

Condor
03-25-2002, 11:50 AM
kirschlk should be added to Team JSI

Originally posted by Darkness Productions
I have added both Ponky, DarkStar and gopher. Make sure to keep those team rosters updated, so I can get thim in.

mr_mann
03-25-2002, 12:18 PM
awesome :D a new member for TEAM JSI :D

colin and dyy both have super power when they want something done :D

Alpha_7
03-25-2002, 06:52 PM
You guys should take rosyboa and Active.. or approach them to join up to Team JSI, coz the sides need a little evening up.

mr_mann
03-25-2002, 11:05 PM
heck yea we need them bad :D

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 12:30 AM
Well looks like we have found a few more crunchers for your side :) Will see how things turn out, but once Team JSI standings have been updated with these new recruits, it looks much fairer, and I'm all for a close competition :)

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 08:08 AM
i still dont think its close yet :D i had a HUGE upload today :D

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 08:31 AM
Well the only other solution other then recruiting for you team,
is for some of the Team Bring It On up camps and go over to you team.

I've been comptemplating this, if it has to happen, because I would rather be in a close battle, then be on a Team that kicks your butt...

but then again, You might not want me :P or I might not be enuff to change the situation...

but at present I think everyone is pretty comfortable on JBI...

but I dont know.. we dont really know how it will turn out till it starts...
but does anyone have predictions ?

Richard Clyne
03-26-2002, 10:13 AM
Well Alpha_7 I thought you had sprung enough surprises on me, but swapping teams :eek: :confused: :eek:

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 12:13 PM
well if you will join us in JSI we will welcome you with much grace :D we love alpha :D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-26-2002, 01:51 PM
well if you will join us in JSI we will welcome you with much grace :D we love alpha :D

i'll second that! :D :D :D

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 03:39 PM
LOL, I wasn't trying to surprise people, or upset them...

I do owe alot of my current passion for Seti, to Team Jsi, when I first met their crew I was using the screensaver and only had 250 units crunched, and soon I was at the 1000 mark.
So I do feel I have a debt to repay...

On the other hand, I've always enjoyed challenging the other JSI'ers and thats why I thought it would be cool to go up against them in an official gauntlet.

I was only suggesting, that in the effort to make things fairer and more fun that if the teams dont look even then maybe something a little more drastic needs to be done.

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 04:09 PM
i would love to see more effort
:D please!

Richard Clyne
03-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Alpha_7,

I praise you for your loyalty to your JSI comrads, but I always thought we were crunching together as one team. Not realy mattering if you are part of JSI or not.

This gauntlet is about fun & team building. So at the end of the day it does not matter who wins. Winning is my lowest priority.

The only thing I can suggest is to visit Ars Technica Dist. computing Forum and search for the threads relating to their previous gauntlets. After reading them yoo might understand where I am coming from re what makes a good gauntlet.

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 09:48 PM
the gauntlets there get out of hand :D so much blood and stuff

i think they are cool as hell

i wish we had members like that on our team :D

Daza
03-27-2002, 03:05 AM
only a couple of days to go..... does anyone want a half capicity ghz machine on their hands??? (i been told its too noisy to leave on at night would you beleive!!!), i need all the progs etctc

Alpha_7
03-27-2002, 03:07 AM
We are all crunching together :)

Its just they got me with the guilt trip when I joined JBI..

so i'm trying to make it a little fairer so they dont feel like I've abandoned them entirely..

I'm not about winning either.. that why I dont mind which team I crunch for in the long run, its for Free-DC and thats what counts..
I just wanted to much sure everyone enjoys it..

plus I'm trying to motivate team JSI to be a little more forward with their recruiting.. chase people..

You'll Need THem :P

(Richard it will be an honor to crunch with you in this gauntlet, I have a feeling JSI wont need be for this one :D)

Daza
03-27-2002, 03:45 AM
damnit, ill change my box over once again for the duration of this gauntlet...... that is of course if any one wants me...... i can dig up: a 1ghz thunderbird, a ~200cyrix 1200athlon(laptop) and i just finished up packing mums new computer so i might be able to get her new 1200 duron as well

Alpha_7
03-27-2002, 03:52 AM
Yeah just up to team JBI..

that should help to make things fair... between the teams..

and welcome aboard :)

mr_mann
03-27-2002, 08:09 AM
we could use ya on TEAM JSI daza! :D
we always enjoy new members :D

rosyboa
03-27-2002, 08:32 AM
when does the gauntlet start?

IronBits
03-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Look at the Calendar up there at the top of the page on the right hand side, along with user cp, register, calendar, members, f.a.q. etc. ;)

mr_mann
03-27-2002, 12:33 PM
we love dates :D we be organiz0red

Daza
03-28-2002, 12:58 AM
hmmmm there is that post about Team Lamb Chop and i wonder if it would be a good idea to put the gauntlet through their team name..... it doesnt bother me either way ........ ill just do what im told to eh

Richard Clyne
03-28-2002, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Daza
hmmmm there is that post about Team Lamb Chop and i wonder if it would be a good idea to put the gauntlet through their team name..... it doesnt bother me either way ........ ill just do what im told to eh

IThis gauntlet was organised to help out Free-DC seti team, and in my opinion should remain so.

mr_mann
03-28-2002, 08:20 AM
they dont need our help they out produce us more than 2X

Darkness Productions
03-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Once again, please make sure that the names are correct and that everyone is accounted for on each team. I don't want anybody to be left out, so make sure to post everyone for each team. Please do this sometime before tomorrow at 12:00 EST.

Also, please, nobody change your S@H nicks after the gauntlet starts. It will be too much of a PITA to code around it, so what your nick is at the beginning of the gauntlet should stay that way until the end of the gauntlet...

FoBoT
03-28-2002, 07:45 PM
i added a couple of celeron 600 to the team i'm on, that should triple my output :D

mr_mann
03-28-2002, 08:27 PM
awesome FoBoT more more more!!!

DarkStar
03-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Okay, we be jammin' ... barring thunderstorm-spawned power outages!

Daza
03-28-2002, 08:50 PM
IThis gauntlet was organised to help out Free-DC seti team, and in my opinion should remain so

thats fine. i was just raising an idea, like i said either way i dont care

mr_mann
03-28-2002, 09:03 PM
welll welll welll im still adding machines guy :D

Alpha_7
03-29-2002, 03:34 AM
Well keep them coming :)

This is getting really exciting :)

mr_mann
03-29-2002, 07:17 AM
i think im going crazy! :D

Scorpion
03-29-2002, 05:08 PM
Nooo!

My main cruncher's (1.7ghz Athlon) motherboard died on me yesterday - it just keeps beeping at me and wont load the OS

I have another 1.5ghz Athlon that i'll have up and running today but i wont be at full production untill mid next week :(

mr_mann
03-29-2002, 09:41 PM
NOOO!!!! you need to go get a new mobo NOW! :(

Alpha_7
03-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Very bad luck Scorp :((

Whats your current total of machines ? Is Turd, Whisker and the work machines still going ?

and does this mean another Upgrade for j00 ?

mr_mann
03-29-2002, 10:44 PM
i feel bad for him... :(

Alpha_7
03-29-2002, 11:10 PM
YEah its very bad luck :(

But forntunately he works at like the top Australian Computer store.. so parts wont be hard to get..

mr_mann
03-30-2002, 09:05 AM
well thats a good thing :D lets hope he gets a new mobo soon

Alpha_7
03-30-2002, 04:12 PM
I dont know whats happening, due to Easter. If the shops not opening during easter, he might have to wait till Thursday.

mr_mann
03-30-2002, 04:23 PM
thats along time :( poor guy

Scorpion
03-30-2002, 07:23 PM
currently I have turd and whisker crunching away...they do a unit in around 9 hours each

the machine that is down at the moment does them in a little over 3 hours...and I am about to bring another online the same speed (it just needs an OS)

I'll get a new mobo tuesday when I get back to work :|

Richard Clyne
03-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion
currently I have turd and whisker crunching away...they do a unit in around 9 hours each

the machine that is down at the moment does them in a little over 3 hours...and I am about to bring another online the same speed (it just needs an OS)

I'll get a new mobo tuesday when I get back to work :|

3 hrs, that sounds a reasonable time per unit. Whats the spec on that machine. Info might come in handy when looking to build next seti box.

Alpha_7
03-30-2002, 08:06 PM
Good Luck setting the boxen up Scorp,

Neon's currently working on my 800 hopefully he'll have more luck then I did, and I've overclocked Katies machine, so I'm hanging in there, but the 800 might make a difference, and when we get you and Richard Back up to speed.

Daza
03-30-2002, 08:34 PM
are you people computing a WU in 3 hours??????, mine take just over 7 hours each!!!

Alpha_7
03-30-2002, 08:41 PM
My new box does them in about 5, *Duron 1.3* my old box 800@1000 did them in about 6-7.

Scorp and Plats leet DDR XP 1800 ish, do them in around 3.

Its crazy-e!

Scorpion
03-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Here's the spec on that machine:

AMD Athlon XP 1800 (1.53Ghz) overclocked to 1.7Ghz
Abit KR7 DDR Motherboard (which is now dead :( )
2x 256mb XMS2400 Corsair DDR (300mhz)

The rest of the stuff in it wouldn't make any difference to WU completion times, but i'll stick em in anyway :)

Hercules Geforce 3 Ti500
Hercules Game Theatre XP
Promise TX2 Ultra 100 RAID Controller
2x 20G Maxtor VIPER ATA-133 HDDs (RAID 0)
Accton 1207D NIC

Alpha_7
03-30-2002, 08:53 PM
The Dream machine... :)

/creamin

Daza
03-31-2002, 02:27 AM
ahhh i remember a time when my trusty old 1ghz tbird was a dream machine with a whooping 256 sdram those were the days :)

mr_mann
03-31-2002, 08:25 AM
daza wait a second... that wasnt too long ago :D

scorpion... wanna send me that dead machine :D

Daza
03-31-2002, 05:00 PM
mmm yeah....... and everyone was like WOW you have how many times my mhz......... you have more ram then my mhz...... autchely that was about a year and a bit ago i got thsi computer so it was a while

Alpha_7
03-31-2002, 07:34 PM
Thats the nature of technology, things become obsolete as soon as you buy them, well infact they are already obsolete, just they market them so you can only by product X not Prouct X++.

mr_mann
03-31-2002, 08:48 PM
man alpha maybe u should be a business man instead of computer man :D

Alpha_7
03-31-2002, 09:05 PM
My computer engineering degree prepares me for all aspects of the industry...

actually no, thats not true...

:P

mr_mann
03-31-2002, 10:37 PM
lol... well we will see :D

Alpha_7
04-01-2002, 09:52 AM
Its true... the stuff I am *being taught* *meant to be learning*

*not absorbing* *listening to, but not making sense of* its all crazy-e stuff.. lucky I have a weeks break for easter.. or I would be rather insane..

actually should do some work tomorrow..

instead of sitting watching movies, surfing net and generally being a bum...

Papa Shango [JSI]
04-01-2002, 10:38 AM
i've finally sent my blocks off so it should give meh team a boost :D keep up the good work peeps, can't slip up! :)

i'll make sure that i don't get carried away looking at the german lass :p she is so sexeh though :D

mr_mann
04-01-2002, 12:02 PM
ayE! finally papa i was waitin for that upload to come :D

we cant fall behind in the race... not ONCE... never look back!

Darkness Productions
04-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Ok, because of an error on my part (tho it helps both teams a *little*), Daza was incorrectly being scored, as well as GreatHornedDragon. Apparently, there is a Daza on TLC, and our Daza has a nick of daza in the stats, so that should get JSI a few more WUs overall. Also, GreatHornedDragon was not credited for 4 WUs that he had completed for the update on the 31st, and this has been corrected.

Sorry for the problems.

Darkness Productions
04-01-2002, 04:09 PM
Also, I have re-run the Gauntlet Stats, so go look for the differences in the numbers.

Platinum [JSI]
04-01-2002, 04:37 PM
Damn noiw were behind, must crunch harder :D

mr_mann
04-01-2002, 04:50 PM
im sure hes changed the numbers to give them a lil bit of a lead everyday :) didnt ya DP

Darkness Productions
04-01-2002, 05:14 PM
If I did, then I need to work on my cheating skills a little more, because today seemed like a one-off... but I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve :)

Platinum [JSI]
04-01-2002, 05:20 PM
I have tricks too ;)

Alpha_7
04-01-2002, 08:47 PM
Thanks for being so patient with us DP :)
All the extra work for this gauntlet, we all appreciate the sacrifices you must be making to make time to listen to all our requestions / and whining..

Gooooo Team JBI!

mr_mann
04-01-2002, 10:00 PM
ive got my I's on ur DP :D ill be behind u always :D

megadose_
04-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Ok, I'm done with genome for a while, who wants my 11Ghz. I just cranked the queue back up and estarted some of my clients. I'm only about half fleet right now though because of the boss. wretched 100% in task manager:rolleyes: .

DarkStar
04-02-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by megadose_
Ok, I'm done with genome for a while, who wants my 11Ghz.
Team JSI Wants YOU!

Condor
04-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Ok, I'm done with genome for a while, who wants my 11Ghz.
I don't think that Team Just Bring It wants you but JSI sure does.:D

Platinum [JSI]
04-02-2002, 02:23 PM
Join JSI Join JSI !!!!!

Richard Clyne
04-02-2002, 02:33 PM
Ok, I'm done with genome for a while, who wants my 11Ghz. I just cranked the queue back up and estarted some of my clients. I'm only about half fleet right now though because of the boss. wretched 100% in task manager:rolleyes: .

Team Just Bring It would be honoured to make room for you on its team.:D

Although the stats show that we are winning, Our spies have sneaked in to JSI's camp and have seen their massive stash of work units, ready for a end of gauntlet dump.:D

We as underdogs in this gauntlet need YOU megadose_.

Papa Shango [JSI]
04-02-2002, 02:35 PM
megadose - Join team JSI, we neeeeeeeeeed you. the other team is slaughtering us :( :(

Darkness Productions
04-02-2002, 03:00 PM
megadose_:

Which team you join is your call. However, know that either team you join will love to have you :)

Platinum [JSI]
04-02-2002, 04:11 PM
we have more virtual beer :D

Darkness Productions
04-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah... that's all well and good. But we have more virtual women :)

Richard Clyne
04-02-2002, 04:43 PM
We also pay better virtual kickbacks :D

Daza
04-02-2002, 05:47 PM
at JSI we can give you a virtual holiday to anywhere

mr_mann
04-02-2002, 06:44 PM
all i know is that if u join JSI :D whew! your in for a ride... :D

we love da women... :D and we got some prizes for ya :D

this is for all joining members :D

Alpha_7
04-02-2002, 09:47 PM
Team Just Bring It are down members...
10 to 12..

but I'll be glad to have you on either team :) your units are just another bonus for Team Free-DC...
:D

mr_mann
04-02-2002, 11:32 PM
you might be up members but we have members that arent producing!!!!

Alpha_7
04-02-2002, 11:47 PM
Who do u mean ?

Hmmmm and chose your words wisely.. :D

mr_mann
04-03-2002, 12:06 AM
we have members that have done 0 for us so they are basically like having no members :D

Alpha_7
04-03-2002, 12:13 AM
Some of those are stashing to the final days of the gauntlet.

megadose_
04-03-2002, 07:05 AM
Decisions, Decisions. I would like to help the team behind but I'm not sure how behind they really are. Should I join teams with my genome sparring buddy Condor. Yeah what the heck. I don't think JSI is holding back some 70 WU. Team JSI join me up:D . Now what were the perks;)

Condor
04-03-2002, 07:34 AM
All right!
Team JSI, also know as, Potentially Reformed Genome Addicts.

mr_mann
04-03-2002, 07:35 AM
THANK YOU megadose and condor :D

welcome to the team and those perks be plenty of virtual beer and da women :D

Platinum [JSI]
04-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Woh check todays stats :D :D :D
Also i have noticed on the gauntlet stats page it lists my total amount of units a lot lower than it actualy is, any ideas why?

Richard Clyne
04-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Platinum post a message to DP. There have been some minor hicups in the stats, but nothing that can not be sorted.

mr_mann
04-03-2002, 03:44 PM
are you sure ur not talkin bout the baseline?!?!

thats the total you had when the gauntlet started :D

Alpha_7
04-03-2002, 10:59 PM
It looks ok to me..

apart from JBI losing :(

Platinum [JSI]
04-04-2002, 02:14 AM
are you sure ur not talkin bout the baseline?!?!

thats the total you had when the gauntlet started :D

DOH!

Daza
04-04-2002, 03:16 AM
wow is it close!!! 1 wu in it........

Richard Clyne
04-04-2002, 03:46 AM
The baseline figures are a bit misleading.

I have found that if you produced any units on the first day of the gauntlet then your basline figure is the number of units you started with plus what ever you produced for that day.

There is no advantage gained by anyone, so I have never bothered about it.