PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Distributed Folding

Dyyryath
08-18-2003, 12:43 AM
As we suspected, the DF website was affected by the recent power outages:<br><br><table width="90%" border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" bordercolor="#63635A" bgcolor="#E7E7E2" align="center"><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; font-style: italic;">08/16/2003 <br><br>- As you are probably aware, we were hit by the massive power outage Thursday afternoon, however all systems are back up and appear to be functioning normally again. Thankfully no data was lost on the server either, so we can continue folding from right where we left off. <br><br>- Due to the increased speed of this smaller protein, we will be changing the 'goal' amount to 5 billion from the current 1 billion. The thermometer will be changed to reflect this shortly. </td></tr></table><br><br>This protein is definately faster, so the higher goal is probably a good idea. The next one is supposed to be fast, too. Does anyone think I should alter the color coding over at the Arachnid site to take this into consideration?

Richard Clyne
08-18-2003, 03:44 AM
My head says - "Good idea Dyy, because everyone will land up being red."

My Heart says - "Leave it alone Dyy, because I like seeing my name in a different colour"

I will have to go with what my heart says, as if I ever listened to what my head says I would be locked up in a padded cell with a nice new jacket. :gone: :D

Serious, if the we are to get another fast one it would prob be a good idea.

IronBits
08-18-2003, 09:02 AM
naw, let em enjoy their new colors... :D

RacerX
08-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Personally, I think that 25000 between violet and green is a bit close.